15 window bay for sale!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockandrollcamper

Reaction score
Nothing to do with me but seeing as its unusual might be of interest to someone on here.

http://ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=95913" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nice i believe thats a fleetline very rare i think camper and bus did a feature on on last year, super rare

In 1976 VWSA replaced the Fleetline at the bottom of its bus range with the later Brazilian bay/split hybrid, known as "1600" or "Brasilia". These were assembled and sold in South Africa from 1976-1978. They were technically and mechanically the same, except they had the 1972-1978 rear lights and a bay window front attached to the original splittie rear body. They had reduction gearbox transmissions, but with double-jointed axles, and universal joints instead of CVs

Not rare at all, theres loads of them in SA.

They were a way of using up bits left from CKD kits that went to SA from Germany, quite frankly they pig ugly and not worth anywhere near a bay or a split and difficult to source bits for.

Graham L said:
Not rare at all, theres loads of them in SA.

They were a way of using up bits left from CKD kits that went to SA from Germany, quite frankly they pig ugly and not worth anywhere near a bay or a split and difficult to source bits for.

I take it you're not a fan of these then graham :msn4: :lol:

Latest posts