• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1641cc engine for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly head

Reaction score
Further to my previous post I am selling my current engine as we are upgrading.

As the engine was already in the van when we purchased it I cannot confirm the exact mileage or specification however I was told by the previous owner that the engine spec is as follows:

1641cc
recently new heads
new pots and pistons
new lightened and balanced flywheel
009 diz with electronic ignition (i have just replaced as the previous unit was breaking down)
brand new dynamo (not fitted as I am keeping the current 75A alternator for my new engine)
twin 34 ICT's and linkage
genuine pulley
all tinware included

*UPDATE - the exhaust is not included within the sale*

I can safely say that it has never caused us any problems during our european travels apart from the alternator and electronic ignition packing up but this has now been rectified. We have covered approx 5k miles with this engine.

If you wish to come and drive the van to test the engine prior to its removal please let me know asap as it is expected to be removed within a month, fingers crossed!!!!

Please see below image and video however I appreciate it could do with a clean and the fan belt is a tad loose :roll:

We are looking for a sale price of £1k

Any questions please ask 8)

Latest posts