• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1776cc Turbocharged Bus engine for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevdonlon

Reaction score
Right the time has come to sell my bus engine
This will bolt straight into an early bay,i believe it will also bolt into a splitty without the rear engine bar,to fit into anything else will take a bit of imagination
You will need to fit a return fuel line into your tank,the method of doing this is covered in my thread.
The specs are as follows

90.5 Mahle forged pistons and barrels
69mm Forged CB counterweight 8 dowelled crank
Case machined for full flow
Std flywheel (all balanced)
CB unitec std length rods
Engle TCS110 turbo cam
Scat lifters
CB copper head gasets
CB 044 40x37 Heads
Scat full flow oil cover
Shadek oil pump
Kennedy stage 2 clutch cover with HD plate
Rebuilt Renault 5 Turbo carb with larger venturi and jets
New Bosch Uprated fuel pump
Std Renault Fuel regulator
New Garrett GT15 turbo with self made manifolds for inlet and exhaust
15psi Actuator
Billett alloy dump valve
Blue silicon hosing throughout
Proper high pressure clamps throughout
K&N Air Filter
Mitsubishi Pajero intercooler
MSD6BTM Ignition control with a Bosch 009 and blue coil
Deep sump
Breather system
DSC01883.jpg

The engine has been built by renowned builder John Walklett and is absolutely spot on for a bus
It starts easily,pulls like a train and is as easy to service as a standard motor (no twin carb linkages to go out of sync etc)
It has done in total about 1000 miles including 5 1/4 mile races at Santa Pod
Its first run was a 17.3 followed by a 17.2,17.0,17.9 and a 17.5,the last two runs were when the choke flap had blown shut,a 16 second 1/4 mile is definately there
I have treated this as a project,basically to see if i could build a small capacity bus engine that would out perform bigger/more expensive engines but still stay reliable and more importantly in a bus stay cool,this was the reason the 1776cc capacity was decided on,it can easily have the header system converted for heater boxes,i chose not to
Photo's of the build are on the link below
I want £3400 for this engine,
that is for everything,exhaust,pump,intercooler,msd,clutch. The only thing not included is the oil filter/cooler as i will need this for the next one.
You can see the new parts in the thread,compare this price to some of the eye watering prices that some of the other guys i know have paid and it is a bargain
Serious enquiries only please to 07810 858407

Latest posts