• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Austrian Army Baywindow special order £7000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VDUBDUMMY

Reaction score
1968 TWIN SLIDER AUSTRIAN ARMY RADIO SURVELLIENCE VEHICLE

£7000. New price

SELLING FOR A FRIEND

Contact Mark on 07788713356

If you could contact Mark on the above number , he will arrange for you to inspect the vehicle which is at my yard .

Don’t email me or pm me , as I don’t know the details , please contact Mark . Thanks .

The vehicle is available to view near Norwich airport .
1968 ex-Austrian army radio van many m codes original period map lights and dyno tag labels roof rack
eberspacher bn6 heater which is present but not fitted metal spare fuel can carrier
twin sliding doors which have opening quarter lights and serviceable
owned for seven years
1600twin port twin webber 34ict carbs full flow oil system
optimax marine start battery
200watt amp -2.5mm jack plug 2x.6×9′s 13 watt daylight panel
five good tyres
there is a slight leak on one of the cab doors which because of a old seal all brake flexi’s have been changed as and when required
there is rust but almost all of it has been the same in all the time I’ve owned it some of the inner sills and out riggers cab floor have been replaced in the past years
interior is a Devon which Is well used to say the least but usable bed length is around 1.8 metres .
driver seat is well used also known as down to the spring the double seat is better but well warn too
in this last year has had new cylinder head top end rebuilt carbs set up but still has a issue (runs lumpy and I’ve no clue why)
cab step replaced both sides
has a few oil leaks in the usual places.
mot till 30 June 2014 is also tax exempt pretty nearly all years mot certificate since I registered the vehicle to this country along with age related letters from vw

All the pictures below were taken on 17/12/2013

Photobucket link here
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/buzzter_2006/library/MAIN-PC/Pictures/TALL%20MARK%20ARMY%20VAN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heres a list of the m code details …………

015 middle three person front seat

029 towing hook

127 rear hatch no window

149 painted chrome parts

500 full width metal partition

520 2 x sliding doors

623 prepared for radio communication installation .

Delivery available throughout the Uk , and to your shipper if you wish to export from

the UK .

403_zps97c8c2d5.jpg

366_zpsc310a423.png

409_zps5bf15a40.jpg

406_zps8e2ad3d7.jpg

405_zpse6d0fb6c.jpg

Mark took the van for a 50 mile drive the other day and said the engine is fine and runs lovely , the lumpiness he feels is the twin carbs , once warmed up they run fine . . .

Cheers baz. Also the original LSD mountain gearbox
bn6 petrol eberspacher although ad say it runs bit lumpy I've takin him out for a few long runs and run sweet as

Hi Mark

Is the van still available?

I saw it still For Sale at Jimmy's Farm VW show last Sunday.

Cheers
Pete.

Latest posts