1968 camper resto “Sebby”

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some more time today On the camper
I want to get the ‘D’post repaired so I can line up the corner panel repair I pulled off Before I weld the arch panel on to make sure it all lines up
I stripped off the inner d post section and the bits of scrap attached to it

Repaired the D post inner and outer and got some primer on it
Still needs a bit of tidying up and a support piece putting in

Got to repair the rear valance mount and get that back on then need to source a rear balance to check figment before can start on hinge panel

Hi I thought o would give the neighbours a rest from the grinder today and instead carefully investigate and remove the engine hinge lid panel

After removing endless sealer some po had pumped everywhere I managed to get the panel and it’s repair off quite neatly
I gave the inner panel a quick shot blast it needs a few repairs but nothing major and a more intense blast and itl be fine
Ordered new panel from Schofields so maybe get it back in this week

Hi guys I’ve been furloughed again so I’ve managed a good day in the camper today
Mainly the rear roof and N/S hinge area was rotted out completely

The D post is completely knackered too and the corner has already been worked on with someone with sunglasses on I think

I’ve been carefully cutting away the rot and managed to rebuild a section of it to get the hinge in the right place and the tailgate opening and closing I still need cut the centre of the rear gutter/roof out so I can finish the repairs and fir the new tailgate upper panel

Still all needs a good clean up and I will probably shot blast the worst of the inner comer

Can’t seem to find anyone who makes D posts so I think I’m going to try and modify some box section and a length of u channel maybe

Not had a lot of spare time recently but managed to get a few days on the van

I want to get the O/ S sill on so can get the rear arch in and welded but have to replace all the out riggers and repair/ replace I beam and top hats where needs
Had to repair a big hole and years of crappy MOT welding to rear chassis before could put out riggers on

Took the floor out to get to the top hats properly
And also found the PO had fitted the inner sill completely wrong as in too low and welded to the B post in the wrong place
So took it off so I can relocate it when I put the jacking points in after the front chassis leg repairs

The photo above is the inner rear chassis repair I still have to repair front and rear cross members but want to put some new metal back in first before I cut them out
This is the position now it’s a bit messy at the minute but I am in a single garage so pushed for room

Hi everyone not posted for a while but have been busily working away in the van when I can
I took the newish inner sill off that PO had installed by said restored who fitted it in the completely wrong place
I have now re fitted it and fitted the inner sill strengthened as well

I have repaired the inner B post and fitted a B post outer repair and zinc primed for now. It still needs a bit of finishing off yet

Latest posts