• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 EB walkthrough LHD high top bay window

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oet

Reaction score
For sale is my 1968 VW Kombi high top camper van. It’s a LHD Californian camper imported by me, in excellent condition, with no major rot or rust or damage. Bodywork wise the van is really good, the panels are really straight with no rust and no major accident damage or any dings or dents. It’s in submarine grey primer at the moment, I was going to keep it as it is, but could easily be repainted with minimal prep work to the body (would be a good DIY roller rustoleum project also). I had a lower windscreen bulge repair panel fitted when I bought the van, all the outriggers, sills, and inner arches are rust free as is the cab floor, front footwell and walkthrough area as well as the front arches footwell/door bottoms.

It’s a great project, as it requires no major welding. Engine bay and batter tray areas are rust free too. All the doors are in great condition, with most of the window rubbers being in good condition too. The van was used as a mountain camper (it has spirit levels fitted to the steering column for going offroad) and has from what I can tell raised suspension, it also has new shocks fitted all round. Comes with louvered opening windows and original seats/interior. It is a walkthrough model, with interesting full height bulkheads on either side of the walkthrough gap. This allowed for headrests to be fitted to the cab side, and for more cupboards to be fitted to the camper side if you wanted. Cab headliner is present and in good condition including sunvisors, with deep cupboards and fitted doors in the high top area above the cab and the engine bay area.

No engine and gearbox/shafts are included however I have a 1600 dual port recently rebuilt engine, with full tinware, and heat exchanges and a CA code gearbox/mounts available at extra cost.

I have already fully imported the van, with the original title, and all customs and import paperwork (in my name) which are paid and clear, so all you have to do is finish the van and register it with the dvla in your name. I have some receipts for the van also. I also have a full set of keys for the van including locking petrol flap key.

The vehicle is based in North Kent near Bluewater, and it can be seen at anytime, I can also deliver the vehicle if required via transporter.

Offers over 3.2k....pm or email me for any info [email protected]

DSCF2811_800x600.jpg

DSCF2810_450x600.jpg

DSCF2819_450x600.jpg

DSCF2809_450x600.jpg

DSCF2814_450x600.jpg

DSCF2812_450x600.jpg

DSCF2788_800x600.jpg

lots more pics

http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/Sweedish1/VW%20Bay%20window%20high%20top/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

price change again, would like to sell this....serious offers over 3.5k..

come on....no interest at all, this is such a good base van!!!

I also have all the extra stuff needed to get this running that we can work a deal out on.

like this van a lot, emailed you not sure if you recieved it so if you could get in touch I could be the buyer of your van ta.

hi Paul, have emailed you back tonight, if it doesnt come through pm me you number on this site and i will give you a call :)

offers over £3200..come on, this i s a great van, otherwise i am going to take the roof off and weld back on a new tintop roof.

Shame to do that though as this would make a great practical camper.

hia. is the van still for sale? if so do you have any pics of underneath etc, just a couple .. thankyou

ooopps found more pics thanks. how much for delivery to Grimsby??

hi again do you have a number i can ring you on..thanks :D

pm'd you billy, if i can have a postcode, i can get an accurate price, plus have sent you my number too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts