1969 Montana red Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezcamper

Reaction score
Sorry it's taken so long to start a thread :oops: been using the site for a few years had the westy since late 2015, bought it of Graham at FBI he was selling another bus and this one was in the background, after bugging him for a bit I managed to buy it off him, been busy with a house move and are new little one, but time to get this bus on the road :msn4:

Had the roof painted by a friend last year and have been collecting bits for the last year also had a spare set of 15" so poped on some BF AT's

It's looks to be mostly original paint just how I like my buses, need to fully strip it out as it's full of Mice poo :evil: started a couple of weeks ago and need to pull my finger out as am planning on taking it to France on the third of August :roll: wish me luck !

Bare at the mo Mike 🙈 But it has all its bits bar the sink unit as usual, I think it might have been in it when it first come over as there was a clean bit where it was and the rest filthy :roll: oh the stool was missing also.

Stripped it out and started putting in so belts for the kids

Put some front seats in today have some originals that came with the bus but the passenger side mounts had been cut off so put some Porsche one in as a few years ago I got rear ended in one of my classic mini and it hurt a lot not having a headrest :evil:
Will get them retrimed at some point dash tops out so I can paint it and go though the electric's which I'm on at the mo :eek:

Got a bit done today, got up early and done a bit the fuel gauge was earthing out in the cluster ran a cable front to back for brake lights and a positive from the leisure battery.

Then we popped down to Dorset volks fest, don't think there were many more than a dozen early bays on the show field (didn't walk round the camp site field) even less splits 😕

Then this evening fitted my leisure battery and split charge relay and put so cables in for trailer lights.

Really really need to find someone to fit my pop top canvas or have ago myself ? 🙈

My ply kit turned up on Friday from Rackhams or newton commercial 😕 Guess they must farm it out now ?

The roof kit was brilliant and fitted perfectly and so did side door the rear hatch did a bit as it doesn't have the cut out for the internal handle and the long side panel is too short ?

You can jut see that the long panel is too short 😡 Will give them a ring tomorrow

Ezcamper said:
My ply kit turned up on Friday from Rackhams or newton commercial 😕 Guess they must farm it out now ?

The roof kit was brilliant and fitted perfectly and so did side door the rear hatch did a bit as it doesn't have the cut out for the internal handle and the long side panel is too short ?

You can jut see that the long panel is too short 😡 Will give them a ring tomorrow

The rear plywood panel ends short as standard and the bits you can see are hidden by the headbanger unit

Pickles said:
Ezcamper said:

The rear plywood panel ends short as standard and the bits you can see are hidden by the headbanger unit

Cheers pickles, but I ment the long side panel, on the side of the bus where the table goes

Well the wife came out tonite to look at how I'm getting on 🙄 And she really pissed on my fire 😫 She said love the front seats and they are comfortable but how are we going to use the hammock 🙄🙈🙈😂😂 anyone want to buy some Porsche seats 🙈

Ah now I see the one you have not put in place. as for the seats have a look on the late bay a couple of guys on there have modded their hammocks etc to fit round non original seats, that might be an option.

Pickles said:
As for the seats have a look on the late bay a couple of guys on there have modded their hammocks etc to fit round non original seats, that might be an option.

Cheers Pickles will do 👍🏻

Spend most of Sunday on the bus and found a split vintage speed won't fit a bay 😫🙈

So had to buy a new one 😕 I would be dead if the wife found out how much I have spent this month 🙈

Fitted it last nite and tried to start it put I fried the ignition module by putting the wires on wrong trying to rush at about 10 to mid nite 😤 Will have to shell out a bit more 😂🙈

Got it all in and running sweet 👍🏻 Think I need to get a Buttys throttle think as there is a lot of wear and play in the linkage and they feel so much better

Latest posts