1969 project Bluebell - STOP, STRIP DOWN AND START AGAIN!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plycards to be covered not sure what yet....
duck egg? or i've seen some really cool camo fleece :lol:
i'm constantly looking for inspiration any suggestions would be awsome

Floor tiles arrived today!! :cheers:

been searching for blue and white checkered lino everywhere.....NO LUCK!!!
so i have to make my own..... LOVE IT!!

bit early to be thinking about it but itll be needed at somepoint!!

ONLY COST ME £8.47.... this is 2m squared should be enough??

cheers man wish my girlfriend would say that rather than saying it looks like a load of cack!! bit of encouragment goes a long way :lol:

trial fitted the rock and roll full width bed... just need to make the supports underneath!
really wish i could finish this before may don't see it happening :cry:

working out the brackets were fun got them to work though..

choosing the fabrics for the door cards etc soon thinking blue leather door cards white seats with blue piping?? see how it goes :)v

wey hey secured the rock and roll bed and tried the doorcards!!

then i started to make my kitchen unit :) thought id try keep it looking simple.

finally cut all the doors out..

trial fitted the corner beading too just to keep it tidy...

then for the sides and back..

and as i left it as it was late, bed time for the little ones so work must stop :)

really enjoying it!!

had to try it in the van....christ lucky I did its a bloody good fit the r&r bed comes out and rests 1mm from the side :D

then I just had to try the tiles again! got a fridge on the way too so will have to find a home for that...got an idea where...

put the floor in today and more with the unit made a DIY sink as i couldn't find one to fit so a £5 sink plug kit and a £1 washing bowl from the local DIY store and you're onto a winner :lol: Also got my 12v fridge

the small shelf comes out and you can fit a 2litre milk in!

getting closer! :D can't wait for the nicer weather so i can get onto the outside!!

got some welding done this weekend, all in the usual places as most will know with these buses :lol:

even managed to fit a louvered window (my first attempt

and sorted out the roof inside, need to think about what to do on the pop up.....that'll be another weekend
tongue and groove!!

then sorted some LED lighting...

and above the cooker unit...

will give the roof a nice stain during the week then i can complete the wiring etc.

Hope you like
:D

Great progress there, I really like your kitchen unit and full width RnR, I was thinking about something similar myself and swapping my old devon units.
Keep up the good work 8) Cofion Nick.

diolch Nick, hows your bus going? used it yet this year?

well got some time yesterday to finish off the rnr bed. just need the foam for the seating and i have some covers being made, and i had time carpet the front so its a bit warmer underfoot.

but it is time to get the sanders out and flatten outside!! bring it on!!! :D

benveedub said:
diolch Nick, hows your bus going? used it yet this year?

well got some time yesterday to finish off the rnr bed. just need the foam for the seating and i have some covers being made, and i had time carpet the front so its a bit warmer underfoot.

but it is time to get the sanders out and flatten outside!! bring it on!!! :D

Looking good 8) I wish I could crack on at the same pace as you, mine is still partly striped :roll:

well my first attempt of painting......hope its ok anyone with experience please comment, do i need to thin it a bit more? looking at 80% paint 20%thinners? should i use more thinners?? it'll be sanded tomorrow and the second coat....

its just the engine lid but i wanted to see how the paint looked....

had a look under the belly pans too.....IS THIS GOOD OR BAD????

the paint is a bit darker than i thought but i really like it! :)

if your useing celly based paint i use 50/50 ,if its 2k or any of the other modern paint i wouldnt have a clue

dub boy said:
if your useing celly based paint i use 50/50 ,if its 2k or any of the other modern paint i wouldnt have a clue

cheers man great help, was thinking the paint wont last long at this rate!! haha so 2nd coat will be done 50/50 as will the 3-4 coats after??? when do i stop?? i dont want to put too much weight on the bus :lol:

benveedub said:
dub boy said:

cheers man great help, was thinking the paint wont last long at this rate!! haha so 2nd coat will be done 50/50 as will the 3-4 coats after??? when do i stop?? i dont want to put too much weight on the bus :lol:
well it comes down to how big your budget is really .the good thing with celly is you can keep going over without the worry of it reacting ect IE if you left it a cupple of weeks you give it a wipe over with panel cloth and shoot another coat and it will stick but there is one draw back with it .as the paint goes on fairly thin (50/50) :D your prep work needs to be good to get a good finish but 2k you can get away with a little less prep ,but i dont like 2k paint ,the last car we bought i wasnt happy with the finish but each to there own ,ime just old school :lol: .

Latest posts