• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 slammed, narrowed, ratty but solid deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugsy

Reaction score
1969 OG Microbus (bulk head model). Rat Look and super solid! N Welding needed. Just ask anyone thats seen it. (Stu and Dru from midland paintworks, leon, ant etc)

Cali Import
4'' narrowed wagonswest beam
wagenswest dropped spindles
slamwerks adj spring plates, down just 2 splines at the back
Uprated brakes to futbus vented discs (great stopping power!)
Mr Whitewalls 2'' striped tyres on 15'' splitty steels

Running a 1776 engine with twin weber 40 carbs and the few that have driven it know it pulls like a train. It still needs some fine tuning to get it running a little leaner and to its full potential but it will outpull my 07 connect and thats got a 2 litre tdi diesel lump.
Auto meter tacho and oil temp gauge

interior is almost a blank canvas for the new owner to put their stamp on it! I stripped it back, hammerited the floor before sound proofing and putting in a laminate floor (see pictures). Has a full length r n r bed with no foam so as i said you can really make it how you want.

Obviously tax free and the current ticket is untill march next year
Had it mot'd through the chaps at midland paintwerks back in may so plenty life left on that. The Mot guys had positive comments on the strength of the underside and it pretty much flew straight through. (3 minors i think. lack of washer bottle, missing a bolt in the spring plate cover and something else but im struggling to remember so ill check later, but mot'd now anyway)

Im advertising it on here only. In no rush at all to sell her, i just rarely get the time to use her due to other commitments ie work and think its a shame that she sits there with an mot and not being used as often as she could be. I can afford to keep her but no real point in owning at the moment. maybe in the future when more my more pressing issues are sorted ill buy her back ;-)

soundproof3.jpg

soundproof5.jpg

soundproof6.jpg

soundproof7.jpg

soundproof8.jpg

hammerite1.jpg

soundproof9.jpg

woodenflooring1.jpg

ratdeluxe.jpg

005.jpg

106.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

113.jpg

My mate Jenson Loves it too! :-D
114.jpg

115.jpg

It sits quite high at the moment because of the 55 tyres but it can go alot lower than this if thats your kinda thing
119.jpg

The bus is a real head turner, for reasons from both ends of the spectrum and it will look strange not seeing it every morning but there will be someone that will use it much more than i can manage to at the moment so come take a look and take it for a spin and see what you think!

She owes me about £10,500 but im not expecting that for her so inoffensive offers as close as you can will be appreciated. (£9250)

Thanks Guys,

Chugsy

Pm me
email [email protected]
txt or call 07889799084

Shame Jon
First time ive seen it with the whitewalls on. Really suit it and loving the pics, in fact im stealing some for my blog. Good luck with the sale dude.
(where you moving to?)

ant said:
Shame Jon
First time ive seen it with the whitewalls on. Really suit it and loving the pics, in fact im stealing some for my blog. Good luck with the sale dude.
(where you moving to?)

Hey Ant,

Thanks buddy. Im moving about 300 yards down the road from Leon.....Which is about 350 yards from where i am now :lol:

A few phone calls and messages already so as requested here are some interior pics. There is no headliner in the rear but you'll see that on the pictures.

012.jpg

011.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

008.jpg

I'll put up some more pics over the weekend if i get chance. Underside etc. watch this space

A few pics of the underside. Believe me when i say its rock solid.

028.jpg

027.jpg

022.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

013.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

:)

Just to mention again im in no rush to sell hence i havent really bumped the thread. I dont mind keeping her, but someone will use her more than me. So a sensible offer could secure you one cool bus 8) we all know what a bus like this can go for sp keep that in mind when contacting me, and remember its an investment too ;)

Ta,

Jon

Super nice ride dude, good luck with your sale. I sold my patina ride yesterday :roll: the same colour.Up to my new project.

Guys those rides are are hard to get, go for it.

Hi again !
Is the engine fully reliable now ?
I mean from your home to mine (near PARIS, FRANCE) ?
:D :D :D

Hi again,

The engine is still as described unfortunately. Been super busy and not had the time to do anything with it unfortunately. Im not sure how it would be travelling that distance as the furthest i have taken it is a 200 mile trip (which it managed no problem at all, just alot of backfiring).

Jon

ok thanks
I know you have just moved in
do not hesitate to send me a PM if you have time to tune and check the engine ;)

Still available buddy. just a note to anyone enquiring. You'll be more successful contacting me by txt, phone call or email as I very rarely have time to log on here at the moment.

07889799084 txt or call
[email protected] email

I appreciate I have been sketchy with the price with saying it owes me 10.5k so I'll clarify -

£9,250 Ono

Thanks guys :)

that is one awesome lookin bus dude
love it
if only i had the money.:D

can i ask what is it you used for sound proofing?

good luck with the sale dude,bargain price that.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts