1970 rhd crewcab recent import from cyprus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredsshed70

Reaction score
hi all used to be on here while back had a single cab which has now gone to make way for this
063-2.jpg

velvet green(faded and dusty)99%og paint need to find a green door or match paint this one
solid underneath needs sillls both sides cab floor some other patches and a small roof repair
065-2.jpg

picked up from Tilbury last fri and yes there is 2,not seen any posts so will wait for owner of the 2nd to post up in his time
077-2.jpg

really pleased with it so far :D

Dude, a good purchase and interesting to see it coming from other shores! I guess you bought it in the UK after it was shipped or did you ship it over?

8)
yes mate i love it...i emailed this guy like 5 times but never got a reply :roll:
glad its gone to a good home,plans for it?

Nice to see you used the picture with Bob in the middle...3 ageing relics :lol: :lol:

karlehsp said:
Nice, crew cabs rule 8)
The white one is my, non OG paint, '69 :)

71dormy said:
8)
yes mate i love it...i emailed this guy like 5 times but never got a reply :roll:
glad its gone to a good home,plans for it?
I suprised myself with how much patience I had while doing the deal on these, I first contacted Theo in January about these :shock:

:)

hi all ,Moler started the road to getting these and yes it took some doing 'we' imported them and picked 'em up
plans for mine are to do the welding with the help of Moler keep the og paint t-cut and anchor wax run as is for now probably mildly lowered new cover for back as have the og hoops and just use and enjoy
was cleaning some of the dust and crap out of it today and found this little fella
064-3.jpg

turns out its a sungazer lizard,hes been in there since 6th April alive and well and now has pride of place in living room in a new vivarium complete with sun lamp uv lamp sand rocks heat lamp etc etc and he's scoffed about a dozen crickets poor little b*gger must have been starving
well chuffed and a new pet :p

Love the lizard story :mrgreen:

Glad your not going to eat it but keep it as a pet ;)

the lizard is now called Theo as the guy we bought the crews from was called Theo,the lizard is probably a female though but Theo it is
couldn't not give it(her) a fighting chance after making it this far :)

after rescuing lizards did get some work done
060-4.jpg

got drop gates freed off and hinges oiled so they now drop
cleaned round inside of pass door and solid as
062-4.jpg

cleaned off loads of dust off bed too and underneath og paint and mostly solid
full day on it tomorrow :p
063-3.jpg

Nice looking Doka, what are the long term plans for it.

Gotta love that lizard story it did make me go aaah (did it make you jump :lol: )

Nugsy said:
Nice looking Doka, what are the long term plans for it.

Gotta love that lizard story it did make me go aaah (did it make you jump :lol: )
long term respray and full resto short term mot and use

did it make me jump??? i nigh on shat myself . .. .heard a scuffling/rustling noise as i was in the back trying to open side door looked over the seat and there it was looking at me!!!!then it ran and hid in the seat
had to remove seat and catch it was more concirned it would escape in lockup and die :?

paint staying spent a day on it yesterday got front and rear screens out and dash cleaned(pics soon) cleaned some of roof and sides back to og paint its ace
just had 24hrs to Redruth and back 800+miles to pick a '67 split up for a mate so well knacked now left at 7pm yesterday and got back tonight at 7pm bout 5hrs sleep having day off tomorrow going to Vanjamboree at Lincoln then back 2 days on crew cab mon tues before back to proper job at work
up date on the lizard. .. .would appear from a close friend who worked in a pet shop its a kotschys ghecko endemic to cyprus . . . . .he/she doing fine eating crickets and seems settled in new vivarium
have vision for aged look sign writing including 'Ghecko Crew' some where on crewie when done
http://www.psillakis.com/environment/gecko.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fig said:
Fredsshed70 said:
have vision for aged look sign writing including 'Ghecko Crew' some where on crewie when done

Cool idea for the signwriting; just make sure you spell gecko correctly. ;)
ha ha yeah realised after i'd typed it was going to edit it but didnt
working on some ideas and sketches :D

Latest posts