1970 RIVIERA

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havent updated this thread for a while. have used the camper lots over the summer, been to quite a few shows and many nice days out :D :D .... Ive decided to leave the top original and not to have it painted. I think it gives the bus a "lightly restored" look.

I managed to get a pair of Saab seats (see thread in Technical) and fitted them last weekend. They are very comfortable and in really good condition. Ive decided to leave them original black leather for the time being.

saabseats010.jpg

Cheers Rob. by the way, I couldnt open the pic that you sent to my phone. Can you try again.

All the best mate

Andy

Have been busy building a teardrop trailer to tow behind the camper. I made it as a sleeping pod for my son. It has taken me from the early winter until now to finish (and has cost a small fortune to complete) What do you think??

Started off with a Conway trailer tent chassis, widened the axle and moved it back 8 inches for improved stability and balance.

teardropbuild011.jpg

Then fitted the floor and sides before insulating and fitting the ceiling and roof

TEARDROPUPDATE003.jpg

maidenhitchup037.jpg

Made the rear hatch for the kitchen area

moretearpics011.jpg

Maiden tow to check stability

maidenhitchup041.jpg

Before covering with aluminium and finishing off

chickandteardrop006.jpg

chickandteardrop015.jpg

chickandteardrop014.jpg

chickandteardrop010.jpg

chickandteardrop009.jpg

Andy I texted your photo the other day dunno if you got it as you never replied But here t is anyway

c21cec13.jpg

Rob

dubscum said:
is that what MOT'a look like now ? lend us yours, I'll photocopy, tipex, etc. Save a load of bother :D

Yeah just a bit of pinted paper guess because it's all done online nowadays :)

Well, my bus has been sold to a really nice couple who are taking her to live in the south of france. Nice place to spend the rest of her days :D :D

Latest posts