• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Sunroof Bus :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mIKe cAIn

Reaction score
Here is my LHD bus for sale, I've had it 3 years and spent quite alot of time and money on it! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. If you like what you see come and have a look at it, Call me on xxx :)

I'm looking for £8000 and its in the Wirral! SOLD

Thanks

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

DSCF0443.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

DSCF0449.jpg

DSCF0451.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

1600TP 32/36
DSCF0445.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

More pics

work in progress pic showing bed folded down!
16032009681.jpg

01022009571.jpg

It comes with thermo-mats for the windows, full camping equipment, chairs, cooker, free standng table, chemical toilet, cooler, cool boxes, gas bottles, windbreaks, parasol, plates, knives, forks, split charger.... everything you need for going camping!

i can say that is a nice bus, saw it at bustypes this year. talking to Mike he was torn about selling it. 8k gets you plenty of value here.

I thought I'd post up a full write up..

1970 Early Bay
Custom TTrimmed Interior
Tax Exempt
12 months MOT

It is a LHD van with a deluxe sunroof

The sliding sunroof opens with 2 clips that drop down, and then the roof can be pushed back.

In the time I have had the van I have done quite a bit of work to the van, the receipts for parts reflect this, Its had new window seals, engine lid seal, tail gate seal, cab door seals, new light lenses and seals (rear & indicators), step rubbers, complete overhaul of the brakes including master cylinder and wheel cylinders, new clutch cable, new accelerator cable, new cab door chrome scrapers around windows, kick panels... lots more, that’s all i could think of!

The engine is a 1600cc air-cooled engine has had all the ancillary bits changed for new, last year I fitted a new Weber 32/36 Progressive Carb, which runs a lot better than the standard Carb with better MPG. The alternator was replaced in Feb 09 under warranty. There is also an EMPI single quiet pack exhaust and 4 into 1 header fitted. I have serviced the engine regularly with new points, condenser, coil, HT leads, spark plugs, oil changes... have spent a fortune on this van.

It a great motor capable of getting up hills with ease and cruising at 70mph on the motorway.
I have fitted a new clutch and release bearing and I have also fitted a heavy duty cross shaft to the clutch mechanism housed with urethane bushes. The clutch cable is also new.
The van was lowered when I bought it and it is sitting on chrome 356 replica wheels.
All tinware pieces have been cleaned up and painted using satin Hammeright.
The interior was stripped out, rear floor bare-metalled and some minor welding done and retreated with zinc primer and black Hammeright.

The Cab area has the original door cards with pioneer speakers in black mounted. I have installed leather bucket style seats in the cab, they came out of a Renault 19 and have to be the comfiest seats I’ve ever sat in! They don’t look out of place either.

The cab looks great.

Dixie air horns
The panels have been insulated on the inside before the new interior was fitted.

The door cards, headliner and seats have been professionally covered, the headliner is done in black perforated headliner vinyl which is continued down the pillars and below the windows. The panel cards in the rear of the van have been re trimmed in charcoal grey and slate vinyl. The seats have been trimmed in a black suedette with BMW seat material. The interiors retrim was finished in May 2009 and is in fantastic condition.

The interior has been restored and consists of a Westifalia rock and roll bed, camping unit and chemical toilet. The rock and roll bed is in my opinion one of the most easy to use rock and roll beds, it can be made from a seat into a bed in a matter of seconds, it is also very well constructed with thick gauge brackets. The camping unit has 2 cupboards, and a lift up drop down cooking unit above. The cupboards are quite big inside and there is a mini cooler in one of them. The cooking unit has 2 gas burning rings and a grill below.

The chemical toilet is the smallest one I could find, it fits very well in a wooden unit with a trimmed cushion that sits on top. It hides away nicely and pairs up as a buddy seat.

There are two vibe fli speakers in the rear. The van has only been camped in twice since the interior was finished

There is a Sony stereo fitted and new speakers, there is an amplifier and subwoofer under the rock and roll bed. The stereo has a radio, cd/mp3 and auxiliary input. The stereo has ipod/mp3 player connectivity and a wire long enough to reach into the rear of the van, there is also a remote control so the stereo can be controlled from the back of the van and even outside.

The o/s front arch has been replaced with a new arch skin from alan schofields. The front clip has had the lower section replaced with an alan schofields panel.

The o/s rear window above the track cover has had the lower section replaced with a new panel from alan schofields

The external bodywork has had cosmetic filling of the replacement panel edges etc. and has been re-sprayed with commercial blue cellulose to a matt finnish.

Comes with: Photo album of work carried out. File of invoices and information for duration of my ownership. Original VW Type 2 owners manual, fold up table. Porta loo. Some spare bits and some tools.

The van is ready to go camping in and mechanically sound and has new parts all over it.

Ive had a few questions about the number plate, the reason it is on a y plate is because it was imported from the sahara in 82/83 and was given the plate then, it is however declared manufatured in 1970 (m code verifies this week13 - 1970) and is tax exempt. putting an age reated plate on should be no problem as no birth certificate is required. the reason i havent changed the plate is because i i like it!

cheers

Mike

I didn'twant to but its gone on evilbay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250484230953&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really don't want to0 sell it :cry:

Latest posts