1970 Sunroof Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Here's my Cali deluxe...

09112007482.jpg

09112007483.jpg

16112007497.jpg

16112007498.jpg

16112007499.jpg

18112007506.jpg

18112007509.jpg

18112007510.jpg

And here's my missus cleaning it!

18112007507.jpg

sweet bus dude

i like how you've kept the cali plates on!

never seen the licence plate letters on the bumper itself before is that legal? Looks cool as!

ddffrost said:
never seen the licence plate letters on the bumper itself before is that legal? Looks cool as!

Love the Cali plates, although they're a bit battered now after they got caught on a kerb at Tesco this morning!

Not sure if the bumper stickers are legal, I always thought the rear plate is more important anyways...
:lol:

Although I lowered it one inner, I've decided to take her down two outer splines instead as the shocks I fitted are at maximum stretch at the moment, so they're topping out (is that the right phrase? I mean the opposite to bottoming out!). This should cure the problem.

Also got some 66-only bug wheels on the way with new tyres all round, as I don't think the 14s really fill the arches at the moment.

Have also done a load of little jobs recently, like got the motor running better (turns out you have to connect the choke up for it to work!), fitted a quickshift kit, replaced the rear hubnut split pins with chunky r-clips, and generally given her a good clean up and anchor waxed the body.

I also sold my DRLA 48s at the weekend, so I'm on the look out for a pair of as new Dellorto DRLA 40s to fit on to this...

NewImage3.jpg

aprilo7038.jpg

Should give the old girl a good kick up the backside!
Managed to get hold of a new Scat swivel linkage for £20 yesterday, but still need manifolds, air filters, velocity stacks etc...

8)

super cool for sure... sorry i missed what are you running in this a 2176? 140 bhp should give the lil nova boys a run for the money :twisted:

It's a 1776. I think the power will be down though as it was dynoed with an MSD ignition system.
I'll be running t25 ignition until I can afford/justify the upgrade.
8)

I wasn't happy with one inner, so I redid the back end on Friday, two outer splines...

24112007542.jpg

Looks a lot better I think. 8)

Also should be getting my new wheels soon. :wink:

Justin & Mutley said:
Looking good - ride height nice and level... mmmmmmmm!

;)

Will be even better when I get some smaller profile tyres on there! :lol:

dave clifford said:
i love the color :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Separated at birth... Although yours obviously lived the high life while mine grew up in a trailer park! :lol:

Just ordered my dropped spindles and u-plates from Nate, so she'll be going lower in the new year, but hopefully not handling like a soggy minge! :lol:

Thanks... Yours is cool too, but too shiney... I'd be scared to drive it!

I did a few more bits and pieces today. Got some new(ish) deluxe heater ducts last weekend, along with a new windscreen, so I spent today changing over bits of plastic in the cab area, and while I was there I waxoiled inside the doors down below.

I'm aiming to get under the bus when the rain lets up to start waxoiling the entire underneath. Fun! :lol:

Also gonna fit a new deluxe windscreen seal and the windscreen in the new year.

Then it's big motor time once the dropped spindles and u-plates are on.
Nearly got all the parts I need for the motor now. 8)

Today I got underneath and got involved with waxoiling the bus.
It's a messy job but I'd rather do that than have to weld her up come springtime.
I spent about three hours with a brush doing all under the front cab and wheelarches.
My mate is gonna let me use his pit at work one weekend soon so I can get the rest of the bus done.
I'll be using a spray gun for that though.
I also adjusted up the front brakes today as it was pulling sharpely to the right.
Stops nice and tight now.
To celebrate I invested in a balljoint splitter in anticipation of my dropped spindles arriving in the new year.
8)