1970 Tijuana Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib-bus

Reaction score
Why Tijuana Westfalia ?
I found it in Tijuana , Mexico last week.
Living in the southernmost city in San Diego "Imperial Beach" I'm only 5 minutes away from Tijuana.
I got a lead about this guy who had some baywindow doors and other parts that he wanted to unload , we got a hold of the brother who gave us his phone number and he said his nephew who lived next door to his brother had a '70 Westy for sale.
To my surprise when I got there it was a 70% done project , engine rebuilt and fresh paint.
The Nephew had lost interest in the Westy and was now focused on his Safari-Type181-Thing project.
Very solid bus all around and the price was not too bad , all the Westy cabinets are there except for the correct year cooler.

First stop was the mechanic to fix the brakes and sort all the electrical issues.
I am meeting a windshield installer tomorrow morning and will take more pictures of course :D

It was bought in California back in 2001 and has not been driven or registered again since.
Came with original California blue plates and very cool frames.

Replaced ugly tires with a set of good used ones , now is sits straight and tires hold air.

We replaced a few bits and did some cleaning.

This is what it looks like now. Trying to get it ready for a show coming up in 3 weeks.

Latest posts