1970 uk devon rolling resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
Here she is.......... Does anybody recognise her
DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1127.jpg

Not getting as much time on her as would like but deffinitely moving forward :)

Nice work! These rollers are definitely the way forward. When I get back to my 68 resto I will be getting one of these tipping things. I am fed up of crawling under the bus, getting weld blobs in my ears and sparks in my hair.
Nice bracing as well.

Going through the same on mine - keep up the good work, it'll be worth it (that's what I keep telling myself, not that I'm doing the work myself :D )

Amazing how these old vans can get so bad - are you finding loads of bad repair jobs? At some points we had 3 or 4 shoddy repairs all on top of each other :shock:

Not been working on her for ages ( needed a proper welder to reassure me bits i was doing were ok ) and with his help i'm off and running again.....
DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1361.jpg

I forgot to take pics of front end where shes had new legs and other work on chassis but will get some this week.

Hi just checked out your pics looking good so far yet to start on mine, Must look out for one of those car roller jobs got to be the nuts for chassis work

Hi
excellent to see you chassis work ,mine is in a similar state, one question when joining the new chassis rail to the front end did you add any extra plating for strenghth or just but weld together.Think i may need to add some plates on the inside just to be sure.Would like to know what you did/oppinions.
Chris

Always good to see another Bus saved and going back on the road rather than being broken up :D

Nice one!!!!

Hi 1200, I'm no professional welder just working under instruction from people who are but the answer to your question is yes just butt welded the new chassis. Where i butted up, the old chassis was pretty good.
If you are concerned about the metal you are joining to i would say its probably best to cut that out and replace with new as i would think plating over rotten material will have no effect.

Andy

Wow where does the time go???
So much for a rolling resto! :shock: rolled it into the the back garden and that's where it has resto :lol:
Can't believe how long ago I last put pics up and how long the work is taking. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I guess its a bit of everything, time, weather, money etc
But with the sun finally shining through off we go again :D The not so fun bit is the long list of parts (mainly body)
Most of the work has been carried out by a friend who doesn't seem fazed by anything and is teaching me along the way.
More pics to follow

Latest posts