1970 Westfalia/ASI Riviera

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats definitly a Riviera roof. They had one of the nicest camping set ups if i remember rightly. But it could be a westy with a Rivi roof? Lets see some piccys of the inside and the M plate and ill find out all you need to know.

Phil Dowling said:
So then :lol:

New wheels should be here tommorow gone for
http://www.vwheritage.com/diagrams/flat4_BRM5_black.jpg
Will photobucket when they arrive

Don't fit :( even with the correct size tyres .... Was at FBI when they trial fitted them 4.5 looked sweet on the front
Rear one fitted ohhh hang on that looks a little wide... uh yeah that ain't going inside that arch :? . Try the 4.5 on the rear just incase uh yeah that won't fit either! Bugger.

Grahma has sorted me out 15inch split steels which look good.

Alloy issue a bit of a bugger though. Would have to cut inside rear arch away to get them close.
Fair play mind VW Heritage taking rims back :D

Ive got MWS BRMs on my bus. They have a crap offset but still fit under the rear arch (in dowm one spline) Those Flat4 ones should go in as theyve got a better offset. Looking for some MWS 4.5s if anyones got a pair..............

Ive got MWS BRMs on my bus. They have a crap offset but still fit under the rear arch (in dowm one spline) Those Flat4 ones should go in as theyve got a better offset. Looking for some MWS 4.5s if anyones got a pair..............

What set up are you running?tyres etc Rolled your arch etc? What year is the van? UK or US
Wouldn't go near my bus not even when we tried 4.5 rears

Wheel, BRM, black, 5/205 Diamond hilites 5.5x15 4"BS AC601002
Wheel, BRM, black, 5/205 4.5" with diamond hilites, 4 AC601012

Is what i had delivered any help/suggestions would be good :?:

How wide are those tyres.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive got it dropped one spline on the rear and have got MWS 5.5 BRMs with Yokohama 185/65/15. I cannot get my hand between the tyre and the arch but i get no rubbing and ive still got the inner archs in place.
Its a US bus but i dont see what differance that makes.
Change the tyres and you should be OK.

If they wont take them back can i have first dibs on the 4.5s please?

i'm sure that's the size tyre mine are running as well!! No chance of a fag paper let alone a hand on mine. What year is your's?

Down in the van with Graham at the moment so will look when i pick it up on Friday :D

VW Heritage have said they some time's do have issues and have agreed that the tyre size fitted was correct and said no worries for having them back.. sorry no 4.5 here!

Can you stick a pick up please :idea:

Here you go mate. I cant get a finger in, it really is that tight. Remember it gets better the more it gets lowered/loaded. Are you stock height? The tyre bulge may be a problem if so. The camber helps this as you go alittle lower.
DSCF0108.jpg

Here you go mate. I cant get a finger in, it really is that tight. Remember it gets better the more it gets lowered/loaded.
#

God if some one from outside the VW world read this forum what would they think! :lol:

Dropped one at the back..tyre buldge was the problem had the tyres transfered onto a set of 15in Splitty steels and they should go on fine.

Strange that even the 4.5 with a smaller tyre didn't fit either :?

Picked her up on Friday

P2180019.jpg

P2180018.jpg

Picks of inside to follow Wednesday, got a spotlight to fit already fitted my CSP shifter :D
Got to get the dash lights to work again, seemed to have taken a dis like to Wales and gone back over the atlantic :shock:

Also Graham has this in stock :

P2080010.jpg

A little ratty but so sweet nearly tempted me

Looks like a nice buy - well done and keep the updates coming as you make the changes 8)

Not ANOTHER White westy :roll:

Looks good Phil good buy , I really like the Green one at FBI surpprised it aint gone yet :?

Looks nice Phil ,prefer Split wheels to BRM`s ( just my opinion mind ) .

8) 8)

Been a busy boy today even though my side door is still jammed :cry:

Stripped 99.9% of the interior out ready to re do the floor and insulation. Some bits were a right faff! Found masssssssive damp patch in the corner behind drivers seat and think i've caught it just in time :shock:

Some rubbing down and painting coming up this week!

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

1972 Saving's book!!
DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Oh feck.... should be ok after a dry out and a bit of elbow grease!

Also pic's of inside roof space (mobile camera)

phonepics032.jpg

Such a faff when your side doors buggered!

Latest posts