• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Westfalia (Campmobile 70) tin top.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Hall

Reaction score
Arrives at my door Friday
Nice DRY '70 Tintop, manufactured Feb 1070.
Interior nice only needed minor work to be very nice
Owner died a while back so the bus has been sitting.
I was told motor was supposedly a NEW mexican unit and not very long ago,but I have no paperwork to back it up but does sound nice and pulls well, as do the brakes so they need a looking at.
There is some bondo on pass rear corner,and also alot on the front nose,looks like it had some nose damage one upon a time and fixed without a huge amount of care.
At this time it was also Painted,and the same kinda job. Over all though not bad,pretty straight,and only minor rust I could find and i was being picky was a little under battery,and some small amount on driver front floor, underside was dealer undersealed from new.
This bus is perfect to run as it is until the time comes to give it a nice paint job and sort out the previous owners rushed work.
This description is of how the bus is now, if needed i can of course sort all the mot work etc and register the bus for you but that work will of course increase the cost of the purchase.
I have a photo file with just under 70 photos in.
Bus arrives with me Friday.
£5500.00
Simon 07971827006
555946364603_0_ALB.jpg

144582534603_0_ALB.jpg

845946364603_0_ALB.jpg

864822534603_0_ALB.jpg

there must be a great buzz in turning up and discovering a bus as nice as that.. :)

Looks like a good clean westy.

Simon, do you ever pick up any westy furniture, i'm after the rear ceiling shelf for my '71 (poptop so needs the lower profile version - although would consider the tintop type which can be modded).

Gareth

Hi Gareth
I do get the odd load of westy interiors but i don't have any shelf at the moment.
It is a good clean bus, just needs a better repair to the front panel than it currently has, still a good bus for the money, starting the mot work soon

Steam cleaned it off today before i get the paintwork started, i have been putting my Rometsch back together this week so the paintwork has been delayed so still here as if if needed.
Thanks
Simon 07971827006
DSCF4963.jpg

bad weather put an end to me starting the bodywork but we have now put this through an mot and will register it next week.
As it is now £5750
Gotta still be a bargain!

That seems a lot of good bus for the money, come on you lot posting want ads :roll:
Those hub caps are sweet by the way :wink:

It is good value, stick a nice bra on the front, hit it with the lowering stick! and it would be a totally different bus, if needed i can do this!
DSCF4971.jpg

DSCF4969.jpg

DSCF4972.jpg

DSCF4973.jpg

DSCF4966.jpg

Cheers, i think it is also but no takers yet, funny thing is i had a t25 for sale no takers, i put a £1000 on the price and had loads of interest, people really do not work these things out!

Latest posts