• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Westfalia Campmobile 'Hank' NO LONGER FOR SALE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one rear seat belt fitted on the original factory mounts, a bit difficult on the Wardrobe side although I have a bracket I made up that will allow a seatbelt to be fitted on that side as well, just not fitted yet.

Hi

Yes I did will send you a reply,

BTTT for a new year, come on someone out there must want a good condition rust free Westy :D :D :D

Now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=320332737576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Didn't sell on fleabay so I'm getting a bit confused

:arrow: Everyone that has seen it says its in good condition
:arrow: Most people on here say its about the right price
:arrow: Its mechanically sound
:arrow: Its got an original complete Westy Interior

So why is it not selling :?: that rusty dormobile on ebay made £8.5K and needed hugh amounts of work :?: , is the fact its a left hooker putting people off :?:

So its BTTT and open to serious offers, I'll be taking it to Dubfeeze if its doesn't sell beforehand,

Graham L said:
Didn't sell on fleabay so I'm getting a bit confused

:arrow: Everyone that has seen it says its in good condition
:arrow: Most people on here say its about the right price
:arrow: Its mechanically sound
:arrow: Its got an original complete Westy Interior

So why is it not selling :?: that rusty dormobile on ebay made £8.5K and needed hugh amounts of work :?: , is the fact its a left hooker putting people off :?:

So its BTTT and open to serious offers, I'll be taking it to Dubfeeze if its doesn't sell beforehand,

Strange, but could just be that there are too many choices and not enough punters out there at the mo. If your bus doesn't sell at that price then I cant see 'any' bus selling to be honest.
The right hooker Dormy perhaps appeals to a wider audience, classic camper brigade etc, though dont be suprised if it returns to ebay sooner than you think.

Good luck with the sale, I know if I was after a nice westy I wouldnt look anywhere else.

ebay is a strange beast. If yiour bus had had a .99p starting price it would have got people bidding.I think a high starting bid puts people off as they actually have to get off their arse and come and look before bidding At about three grand the idiots will stop bidding and the serious ones come to the top and then actually come and have a look. Once there they`ll try and buy it immeadiately rather than risk losing it.
8.5k for the dormie was very strong money for what looked a nice bus but obviously needed a lot of work but it started real low and people got intrested as a result.....i suppose my point is ...have a reserve by all means but start the bidding at 99p
this is just my opinion :idea:

Hi there,

Your EB is just what i'm looking for, just waiting for the lolly to fall my way...which is soon...
Sorry I can't help you out earlier......I've been eyeing Hank for so long now my missus is getting to the point of fed-up.

Spence
:roll:

Get it up to DubFreeze or the VolksWorld show. That's where the real punters are. Ebay is full of dreamers & tyre kickers.

Looking at the van, it's a good tidy example, good inside, outside & mechanics, I am surprised it hasn't sold.

Pete

Thanks for the comments, if it doesn't sell in the meantime its definitely going to Dubfreeze

Right after a lot of soul searching I have decided NOT to sell Hank and he will be staying although with a few mods :D :D

- Twin Carbs
- Creative Spring Plates on rear
- Lowered more on the front
- Slight redesign of the interior
- Leisure battery

etc, etc

So you will Hank out again later in the year looking only slightly different :mrgreen:

Graham L said:
Right after a lot of soul searching I have decided NOT to sell Hank and he will be staying although with a few mods :D :D

- Twin Carbs
- Creative Spring Plates on rear
- Lowered more on the front
- Slight redesign of the interior
- Leisure battery

etc, etc

So you will Hank out again later in the year looking only slightly different :mrgreen:

Good choice chap, let me know how you get onj with them creative plates as Im looking at them :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts