1970 Westy Campermobile. Here we go.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. Update. Got my 1914 rolling! more or less brand new! The 1641 i bought used/Rebuilt was trash! This thing pulls!!!!! Need to get a new muffler! Ordered it last week. Should have it any day. And a new air filter for the Carb.

7b2df6f9.jpg

a44cea4a.jpg

Thanx! It has been " Modified " to fit with the poptop! :lol: I want to make a ladder for it this summer. I am now if full on focused on getting a new tranny built for better freeway driving. I am at 3800 rpms at 60 mph. Thats a NO GO!

Ok. Had some fine tuning to do with this new carb. I knew i should have put dual Kads on it.

472cf83f.jpg

Got the front beam unstuck! The adjusters were rusted solid! At this point they were rusted on the bottom notch.

96b628f1.jpg

55aa9e16.jpg

I know it looks cool but way to low for 60's tires and no narrowed beam!

Got my 091 tranny put in. It purs on the hwy now!! World of difference! Love it.

6bc2cb9a.jpg

About to seal the rest of my floors and put in my new interior

cdf08f3c.jpg

25ac7398.jpg

Running so sweet! The oil cool with the fan is soooo money! I like the breather box too. Came off my buddys race car. Looks pretty bad ass!

42a49cbc.jpg

Now she sits like this. Too tall in the front i know. But i am hoping to find another pair of 15 inch bus wheels for the front then i will go with a 55 or 50 tire. Anyone have an opinion on the size of tire?

3764a3a3.jpg

dab47cc1.jpg

Ok, Lowered the front one more notch. Now it level. Perfect. And i got the interior test fitted. Still need to seal the floors and make side panels.

2c30efae.jpg

80da39a7.jpg

df7361e8.jpg

c3314fdd.jpg

Latest posts