• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Westy for sale, new lower price! £10,250

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris73

Reaction score
Due to the current economic situation, and a resulting house move I'm afraid the van has to go to fund the deposit. :-(

The van is a 1970 LHD Westy pop top, with a full westy interior (re-trimmed) and standard 1600 single port engine, imported from the states by Deadubs in Nottingham in 2010. As such it is in rock solid condition with only a minor repair to the battery tray on its arrival on these shores. We've had it for the past 2 1/2 years and have done nearly 10,000 miles in that time and the vans been really reliable only letting us down the once. Trips include Cornwall, Scotland, Wales and Northumberland. Its got a full 12 months MOT and 12 months tax (Tax exempt of course!) and was valued for insurance purposes for £14,000. It's showing 32,000 miles for what that is worth, but I have no History from the states. It's also been kept garaged when it's not in use.

It's been re-sprayed in a near Montana Red at some point in the states (originally it was White), and it's not the best job ever, but gives the bus loads of patina, and while not rat look, it is an original unmolested van, and i love the way the stickers and paint have faded, and the slightly pony pin-striping! It also means that you can see what you're getting as it's not a shiney paintjob hiding a whole load of filler.

It's got an adjustable front beam, and lowered 2 splines at the back, so you could restore it back to stock height if you wanted.

I'm after £10,250 or nearest offer.

Full Details;

Good Bits

Rock solid van, under sealed with no rust at all underneath.
New rubbers on the front screen and some of the windows.
Full Westy interior (except from the buddy seat) and re-trimmed this year in brown vinyl and corduroy with matching curtains (left over material also included). No splits or tears in any of the seats. Spice Rack, sink, tap and cool box all present.
Dark wood effect vinyl flooring in rear, Rugs for Bugs coffee sack matting in the front cab, on seat bases and kick plates
Fire extinguisher in front cab
3/4 Rock and Roll bed.
New roof Canvas fitted 2010.
New double bed in roof fitted to provide comfy sleeping for 4
Standard 1600cc single port engine.
New Alternator/Belt etc 2011 (over £500)
Engine service and tune carried out in May 2013 including belts, plugs, points, condeser, carb strip and clean. now runs perfect.
Compete brake service to include new handbreak cables, front shoes, wheel cyclinder
New CV joints (over £600 all included)
Gearchange one of the best I've driven
3 point seat belts in the front, 2 lap belts in the rear.
Leisure battery (18 month old) with split charge system. This powers the stereo, rear 12v power point and 240v plug under rear bench.
New Sony Xplode head unit which houses I-pod/usb behind actual head unit, connected to new Fli front speakers in front kick plates.
New front aerial
Red repaint gives the bus some great patina, but it's not for those who like them immaculate and shinny!
Panels are really straight and solid.
Recent starter battery, no problems with it starting.
Gutters and Roof are in brilliant condition with no rust.
Electric screen wash.
US style bumpers and overiders

Bad Bits

Some bubbling under the windscreen rubber.
Small hole in the bottom of the drivers side door.
Bottom of passenger door is also begining to bubble.
2 small screw holes in the front clip where the US plate was previously screwed.
Tap doesn't work on the sink, and its not plumbed in.
As mentioned above the paint has had a touch up pen round it while in the states!
Rear drivers side moon air vent at the rear has had a bash (see photo)

I've taken photo's of these areas and are attached below.

In summary it's a great van ready for the summer with 12month tax and MOT. Want it to go to a good home!

Happy for anyone to come and have a look and a drive, bring your magnet!

Contact me on here or give me a ring on 07875458228.

Thanks for looking

Chris

Found a house, so the vans got to go. Looks like it might be down to the dreaded eBay auction if no one on here wants it this week?

Cheers Chris

What do you mean with this, can you send me a close up pic of what you mean?

"Red repaint gives the bus some great patina, but it's not for those who like them immaculate and shinny"

Hi, the photos are from June this year apart from the 3 at the end which are from our holidays last year.

The van was originally white, but was repainted in the states some time in the past. I think it was quite some time in the past as you can see some of the old stickers and art work through the paint. It has some old pinstriping also which I love and has a rubber trim which I have never seen before.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address I'll send you some more photos.

Cheers

Chris

Hi ,was wondering could you tell me the wheel/tyre combination of this van ,thanks ,mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts