• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 westy poptop rarely seen on westys blue DELUXE color

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theovalguy

Reaction score
I have another bus for sale.. this time 1970 westy poptop in a very rarely seen light baby blue color as seen on 70 deluxe buses. I have only ever seen it on the dlx buses and have asked a friend that has had several thousand buses and he has never seen it on a westy either, so here goes.. it has issues but runs and drives I will post a description in detail asap I wanted to try to get posted tonight for you guys..
email me if you have questions.. price will include getting it to port of houston and if you need references just ask i have plenty(i am the biggest exported of buses in texas ,or so kingstown shipping has told me) and will make your buying experience as easy as possible ,I have sent over 320 buses over so far..all happy customers ,due to honest descriptions and tons and tons of pictures and of course no middle man prices when i sell them myself.. I selll mostly to dealers there but every once in a while sell outright just to make new friends and meet new buyers,and to save a lucky person some money and stress.
thanks for looking ,i will try to get picks posted now with any luck..
theovalguy @ yahoo.com
John deitchman aka theovalguy look me up on thesamba gallery if you like
looks like i will have to shrink the pics.. back soon...
ok guys you will have to ask for pics till johnny get back to me about why i cannot post pics right now??

heres the runaround of the bus..
I did not need to buy this as I paid almost way to much for it but I had never seen out of 320 buses owned to date now a light blue original paint westy camper.. has to be a lot more rare than the montana red which is the most sought after just due to not being white..
The good.. runs, drives ,stops (brakes could use bleeding or adjustment)all apperas to be there except bus bumpers //and no i dont have any at the moment(maybe after show this weekend) ..the interior cabinets are in very good shape and except for needing new rear seat covers appears to be useable.. door cards are even pretty good for there age,and the side slider door works like new or better??? thats odd..runs good, needs a exhaust for sure, tires all match, and appear to be good although I forgot to look and see for sure.. has keys title VERY VERY VERY straight down the sides..

The bad ,needs some work on front left drivers side floor and dogleg..the nose skin I would replace being a paint and body man...yes you could use it rat style no problem but its ugly..it is functional but ugly
The nose is full of bondo on that side also..and the drivers door is a push button(works great, gaps good, but wrong door).. works fine just not matching other side ..I will try to find the new owner a matching year door.. this weekend..there is a show down south i will be going to..I can get one there i think.. the inner fender well on our drivers side has some rust bubbles.. passenger side needs the 2 inch bye 10inch patch due to rust..solid jackpoint though.. then the sides, 1 inch rockers on both sides are rusty in spots, not blown out end to end ,just spots to patch up ..not a fun fix but surely not hard being so small and with a nice joint there to discourage warpage when welding.. pretty easy actually compared to a splitty thats for sure.
the left rear corner has damage visually but the inner tray is good..and decklid shuts good..aprons bents a bit could be fixed but why i might find a better one cheap enough to give you again if i can find it at the show.. top appears to be good. I did not lift it but after a few hundred and texas heat (assume the worst) with the tent like normal usually blown out..If you want a new one i can orderer you a new one from wolfsburg west for my cost.They make the nicest tents out there and there reasonable priced.
let me know..if interested
I can send you as many pics as you need to feel comfortable with your purchase..
Price to port of houston is 3000.00 USD thats like 1850 gbp
john
ps not my cheapest bus ever bus but its a driver..

Hi John,
I would like to see some pictures please, I'm waiting on two buses from a contact in Sacromento, if they don't happen could be intrested, normally buy buses that are running driver ready to go but if this is a good project,could be intrested. I will see if it is to much for me.

Regards

simon

Hi John,
Checked the pictures out, it is priced cheap, but a little to much work for me, I will leave it to someone looking for a project, it will make the right person a great bus being a rare colour. 8)

thanks

Yeah needs some work that's why it's cheap but I can understand where
your coming from
thanks for the good words
john
ps got a few guys that are wanting it just waiting to talk to them both in person
about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts