1971 Cali Import Deluxe Bay Microbus 'River'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under passenger seat carpeted. Took me 3 hours to do this! But taking the seat out isn't easy and I haven't put it back in fully yet.

I also need to paint the mounting bars, probably mask them off and brush paint them gloss or satin black.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

Updates.

Prepping the bumpers.

Fitted LED sidelight bulbs,

From this

Transition

To this

Wet sanded, polished and waxed last weekend for a show that was on the Sunday.

Today I received my stainless headlamp rims.

Also cleaned the cab area, painted the pedals and steering column. Modified the shifter to remove some slop.

Couple of pics from the drive to Tan Hill on bank holiday Monday.

I haven't got round to finishing the bumpers over the last few weeks because I have been trying to solve an issue with the engine overheating.

Still not quite solved yet but I have ordered some 150 mains for the carbs and will be soldering up the top hole in the emulsion tubes to make them an f6.

Ive fitted some of the perspex wind and rain deflectors to the front windows.

Last weekend I had my first camping night in the bus, and despite the lack of interior and non working fridge etc I loved it. Much better than a tent.

I've got the interior panels now too, which I bought of a guy on eBay. One of the front kick panels snapped when I tried to fit it though so I'm awaiting a replacement.

Received my Peltier kit for the fridge yesterday so that I can have a self cooling fridge, needs some modification to the fridge though.

Not many pictures for this update.

Painted my spare wheel cover blue like my glovebox lid and around the clocks on the dash.

Fitted a buttys bits throttle linkage.

Painted the lower edges of the bus with some 3M textured schutz.

Picture from mighty dub fest.

Bumpers painted and fitted, painted the vents at the front in metallic blue.

Fog light and reverse light brackets to fit.

Fog lights fitted and wired up.

Found out tonight that the engine is only running on two cylinders, or appears to be. I tried tuning it last Friday because it wasn't running right and I couldn't get it to run right.

I just have it up as a bad job for when I have more time, I did the remove the plug lead test tonight and removing leads 3 and 4 makes no difference to idle, what so ever. So new task to fix is that, hopefully its just something simple like fouled plugs or blocked jets.

updates -

Early Bay stickers from Ubercool fitted

LEDS fitted to dash lights, green LED put into the rev counter

Also gave the bus a polish and added some pinstripe stickers before SkegVegas a few weeks back.

Over the past week I have fitted one of NLA VW classic look roof racks, which was only £65.
I have began to fit out the interior properly, I have carpeted the cargo floor and made a low level cupboard for down the side of the bed this weekend. The cupboard has a sectioned off gas bottle area which is built to fit a 3.9kg propane bottle.

e68c4557d60099d012c0d859a2b2967e.jpg

A change of wheels..... Need to sort out the over spray on the tyres from the previous owner and spend a bit more time polishing them.

Bit different than the norm.

Long time no update, very little progress.

Rebuilt engine fitted, still leaks oil (presumed to be oil cooler seals).
Fuel hose replaced with Biofuel rated stuff and cut off solenoid fitted.
Separate oil cooler and scoop fitted to aid cooling.

Made some makeshift wheel centre caps from coffee cups.

Still working on the interior roof and TV surround.

Photos below.

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

Latest posts