• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 early bay for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk1was

Reaction score
not mine, but in my local club

http://www.angeldubs.co.uk/noticeboard/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For sale is my 1971 Type 2 Bay Window VW Campervan. Dora has been very much loved and is very original inside, although now, she needs a new home as we are moving house and its time for her to move on.

She is a 1600cc right hand drive van and is tax exempt (always a bonus). She costs us £150 a year to insure on a classic policy and has an MOT until October.

Dora is a Devon conversion and has amazing originality and individuality. Inside there is a fitted wardrobe, chair, sofa and table which turn into a range of style of beds from double to single using all different pieces of her. There is also a hammock for storage or a child. She also has a fitted working sink, cool box style fridge and gas cooker.. all original with the original manuals. She only has 4 previous owners which is amazing for a 40 yr old van.
She is in great and sound structural condition, all of the weak points are sorted and she has yet to fail an MOT since I have her, the only advisable last year was a handbrake sticking on one side which we had done.

There is also a fitted electric hook up with fitted plug sockets inside. She also comes with a fantastic quality canvas awning with full heavy duty metal frame. and other bits of camping gear (if required) such as chairs, tables, cool box etc.

Being 40 years old she obviously has a little rust but nothing major and she has a very small hole (the size of a 10 pence piece) on the rear of her. Overall she is in very good condition and would make a great project for somebody or would be great and perfectly useable as she is.

The engine and gearbox are in great nick and she has so far in three years not missed a beat. She runs an electronic ignition and coil, and a type 9 distributor and starts amazingly well for such old technology

I also have the correct vacuum advance dizzy if the new owner wants to put that back on.

She’ll come with a years tax (coz it’s free!! )
Any questions 07793 719057

Based in Warrington

Price £7750 ono

IMG_0181.jpg

Latest posts