1971 ratstoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too sure at the moment,just got to get some rear lights then it's onwards and upwards !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw DTtB!
Nice work matey! Hope you're both happy with the final version. Elvis was awesome :mrgreen:

How's the bus coming along?

Right guys,sorry I've been quiet lots happening at work and haven't had much time but seem to have got through most of the body work now (well it's green and white).

Got a new front bumper but haven't fitted it up but thought I should share some pics.

Roof starting to be stripped of black paint

Got the arches sprayed up - did these outside with a can !!!

Roof finished

Time to do the rear lights and loose the teardrops!!!

This is with the inserts removed and the original holes dug out

Spent a day welding up the holes and filled and painted the rear quarters ready for the lights and wired them up

Got rid of the last bits of black and added a bumper sticker to stop the neighbours asking questions lol

Roof came up well with a wet sand

And wet sanded rear quarters and the came up well

Rear door cleaned up just need to clean up the inside

Looking better already and the rear looks miles better now with the correct rear lights.

That polisher has certainly earned its keep!!! Can't believe how well its taken the black off. The results are amazing.

It's been a little while and things have been slow, money is tight as we're saving/paying for our honeymoon but it's all good.

Engine still needs some love as I still haven't managed to get it running well and I've now started my electrical overall. Having some ignition issues.

Had a bit of a mare when I found this ......

So this happened ..........

So thanks to Matt Gill restorations for the welding so got it back filled it and painted it, bit gutted I lost some og paint bit at least it's dry inside now.....

So new bumper fitted and new headlights so onwards and upwards

Well done man. :party0009: :party0053:

Back from the brink! Looks like a nice patina bus now, all the very best of luck with getting it running.

This is looking amazing dude! When's it going to be driving?? You'll have to bring it over one day!

Bit more of an update - dash has gone back in and done an electrical overall.

Fitted new ignition barrel as the old key would barely start the thing and it would only start from a shonky hot wired button. Sorted some wiring but have conceded defeat and have called Ian from NW Aircooled Electrical to come and health check the electrics. Need it safe and reliable !!

After all that I thought I would take some photos with the covers off and my replicated patina around the screen to get back what I lost.

Next job is getting some insulation, sound deadening and a floor and walls in before getting down to the nitty gritty of engine, gearbox and suspension although one of my good clients at work has offered me a good deal on an aire valley speed shop beam !!!

I cannot believe how good this looks now compared to what you started with. Hats off mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the first and last pics on this thread it's hard to believe it's the same bus, awesome work fella, you should be very happy with what you've done.

Latest posts