1971 Rescued from near death

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk1was

Reaction score
I started a topic on the resto of my bus some time ago some of you may have seen it. i have not updated it for a while due to the fella who was working on it basically ballsed it up, its a long story, one which i will get round to telling some time, the morale of this story is dont trust no one.

anyway i have rescued my bus and have taken it to a new garage, i will post some photos of the various stages, it has got messy with legal wrangles which still have yet to be resolved. Anyway i have my bus back and thats all that matters.

where i stripped it down ready to go for its respray/resto :(
DSC00381.jpg

after months of nightmares how it came back, maliciously vandalised by the fella who was doing the work, due to me asking him wghy it was taking so long and that i wanted it back to take it somewhere else:(

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

ddddddd.jpg

gfhjg-1.jpg

Where we are at now. The bus really is solid and was a small project, however due to the damage and por 15 paint being sprayed over sand, dust and everything else it was decided to blast it all over

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

it is now in the hands of a proper old skool painter whos skills are second to none, we have now taken off the time scale we were working to and we are counting our lucky stars we have it back, i have had to buy new cab doors and various other parts due to the old ones being damaged beyond repair, we are accumulating all new parts for it including new bespoke interior and are planning on having a special bus when its finished, we look forward to seeing you in 2010 :D

Everything happens for reason dude, sometimes its hard to see why when lifes delt you a shitty hand but it looks like your bus is on the mend and now in the right hands :)

yeah it is ant, but its still seems a million miles till it rolls to you for the tyre bands done :D

POR15 over sand and stuff - what a w@nker that bloke must be :oops:

Glad you have it back and fingers crossed for you that all now goes well ;)

pk1was said:
yeah it is ant, but its still seems a million miles till it rolls to you for the tyre bands done :D

:).... let me know when your ready, all good things come to those who wait, all that!

Totally gutted for you dude, at least what happened to my bus was an accident. It stinks when you put trust in someone and its kicked back in your face.

At this point i don't have much but if you need anything or help let me know.

Maybe i'll catch up in 2010 with you at a show to compare nightmares. :lol:

will do panzer.

there is a lot of good folk in the VW world but there is a few wankers, and more than a few chancers who think they can make a couple of quid from doing a bit of work on your pride and joy when they dont have a clue what to do.

see you in 2010 :lol:

Latest posts