• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 single cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71 crusty

Reaction score
Hi guy just joined ... Also new owner of 1971 single cab... I'm looking for ONE treasure chest locks... If anybody can help let me know thanks......THANKS EDVW

Treasure cheast locks are very hard to come by. I'm assuming yours is a dual cheast US import. They occasionally come up on the samba or ebay.com. Also check with busok and kieftenklok, they sometimes have some in stock.

So, what did you buy? Where are the pics?

71 crusty said:
Hi guy just joined ... Also new owner of 1971 single cab... I'm looking for two treasure chest locks... If anybody can help let me know thanks
I have one available, but it has no key. I can get one cut to the code. It is a R code key which is correct for August '70 onwards.
I have another two that are lacking barrels/keys, should you come across the barrels on their own.

I got some from C & C (Custom & Commercial ) ,was a few years ago mind, they had a very helpful guy \i think hisname was Robin but not sure, worth a call as they re hard to come by. Keith

I have now got the key cut to the lock I referred to above.
However I see from your profile that you haven't revisited this forum since my posting or kombikeith's.
Given that both of us were trying to help you out I wonder what was the point of you posting in the first place!

Latest posts