• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Twin Slider for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogseye

Reaction score
As title says twin slider for sale proper factory glass not converted panel van, has single and double seat in front, 2 bench seats in rear, gearbox in place engine in bits, drivers door missing, passenger door been repaired at some point, both sliding doors in place 1 has had some repairs, got some but not all glass. got it as an unfinished project and haven't got round to doing anything on it myself needs welding had some done by previous owner (mainly underneath needs doing) has had rear arches and corners, front arches, front panel various bits underneath. haven't got pics at mo can take some plate valued at £1000 on one of the sites that sells them FLY***J looking for £1000 please come and look in Ipswich can deliver at an agreed price cheers nick

Is this still available, if so any pics?

sorry been away..there is one problem as its buried in the corner of workshop surrounded by stuff (had to clear out a lock up) :roll: have a few pics from when i got it i will post but best to wait for updated ones until the new year

isn't it your bus on ebay at the moment as there is certainly one that matches the description, reg number everything so presumably it will be sold before the new year :?:

not on ebay, hunted high and low thru puter for these 3 bloody pics i took when i collected it, finally found them!! lots of the stuff inside wasn't for early bay and has been ditched or sold
camerapics074.jpg

camerapics073.jpg

camerapics068.jpg

has both sliding doors but front doors shot has good rear hatch engine lid seen better days, he was going for the smooth front panel look (not to my taste), borrowed his trailer (before i had mine) it was some scary shit all bouncing down the rd like one of those inflatable bananas that go behind a speed boat :lol:

Sorry wasn't trying to be funny, heres the link to the one on ebay at the moment again a twin slider and a Fly ***J number plate, is the ebay one a scam??, just sounds like your bus

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1971-VW-Camper-Van-Bay-Window-TAX-EXEMPT-twin-slider_W0QQitemZ220324152761QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes?hash=item220324152761&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still interested by the way,

its ok didn't think you were being funny :) i think there was an order for a run of these back in the day, this one has a dormobile or danbury plaque on dash and if you search poss this site there are at least 2 others with fly***j registrations, all twin sliders and the registrations are all close (this one being fly187j). Wonder if a small coach company placed an order and used them as mini busses??

done a little research (just out of interest) looks like there were busses registered from fly184j to 189 (all white) then 194-203 white apart from fly200j which was blue. intesting if they were all ordered by the same person/company 8) mine has 3 previous owners shame there wasn't a copy of the original log book

the fleet would have looked cool parked up together :D would be great to know a bit more about the first owner. airport shuttle :?:

perhaps yours was the one i saw on a forum around the time i got this one made me look twice as reg caught my eye

Latest posts