1972 Dormobile crossover resto project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfie

Reaction score
Meet Maisie, my new 72 Dormobile project. :shock: I plan to do it on the driveway and will keep you posted with update pictures as she progresses.

Taking delivery of Maisie...

009.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

007.jpg

013.jpg

Good luck with that :) Looks all too familiar!! (tip:- when welding on the drive make sure you screen the area adequately, not only from curious unprotected eyes, but also to keep the wind out for a decent weld! )

And more pics! we love pics :D

andewilson said:
what happened to your last bus mate? you were doing it when a was in the thick of mine.

I know, after all that hard work, managed to get it all finished and sold it on, since then I've missed not having a camper to do up so decided to get myself another project...here we go again!!! :shock:

Nick-Rackham said:
Looks like a good base :) what's the plan? pick a corner and go from there? chassis then body?

Going for the front chassis first then move around...

010-1.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

016.jpg

017-1.jpg

offside sill...just pulled off in my hand

022.jpg

020-1.jpg

027.jpg

025-1.jpg

042.jpg

059.jpg

you do seem to start with somewhat challenging buses :lol: . second time round, do you think you will do thing differently to the first? what are the plans for it?

Ha ha, your right about the challenge :lol: I've learnt a few things since doing first one...one of which is not to throw anything away, especially not the interior units like I did before (was I mad)... and wear protective googles when grinding!! :shock:

haven't got any plans for her as yet, just want to get her solid first....the chassis alone seems to be taking forever at te moment!!

nice bus deffo a good few late nights crawling on your back in the failing light to fix that dont give up though you'll get there eventually if it makes you feel any better my bus was even worse when i got it :shock:

Latest posts