• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1989 Autosleeper, four berth for sale £2500.00 Chatham Kent

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianjbox

Reaction score
Hi

Just been reduced to £2500.00 NO OFFERS ON THIS AND NO MESSERS PLEASE

This belongs to my school teacher friend Judy, she's owned it since her Son was three [he's now 18] and obviously had many great family holidays in it. As it holds so many great memories and times it saddened her to sell so she's asked me to do it, Judy now knows that as her Son has just started uni it's unlikely to get used again [only did 300 miles between the last two MOT's].

The camper comes with a massive folder of receipts/bills and me briefly going through them can tell you they add up to a small fortune, it looks like 30,000 miles ago Judy had a recon 2.1 engine fitted [by Elite VW engines] and the auto box rebuilt. There's receipts for major services well receipts for just about everything, also plenty of old MOT's and I think the original bill of sale to Judy.

Right the motor, as I don't know every detail I've taken lots of pic's, if I do a 'good bit's bad bit's' hopefully it will give you an insight into what you're buying.
Here goes.

Good bit's:
Replacement recon 2.1 engine which has done around 30,000 miles.
Rebuilt AUTOMATIC gearbox that has seen again about 30,000 miles.
4 berth original interior.
All normal camping accessories [cooker, sink, fridge, loo etc]
Heating system in the rear.
MOT till the 23rd July 2011.
Tax till the end of January 2011.
Lot's of service history [to much for me to read through to check it's complete]
Awning [Judy's checking she has all the poles]
Radio cassette fitted.
Witter tow bar and cycle rack.
Can be used right away.
Alarmed with a special key switch thing and a crook lock [Judy's last one was stolen and never recovered].

Bad bit's:
Well most evident would be rust in the normal area's with the worst bit being the seam on the long panel opposite the sliding door, this has had a friends/family type repair done [with fibreglass] 3 years ago but personally I would cut out and let a new piece of metal in. The steps under their little rubber mats will need attention though probably just repaired, some seams are crusty.
There are a few small dents along nearside towards the rear including the wheel arch, Judy caught her gate post pulling into her drive.
Advisories on the last MOT were; offside front and rear wheel bearing has slight play, offside/nearside rear brake pipes slightly corroded and as mentioned previously the two front steps will require some work.
Upholstery a little worn/thin in places.
Judy has asked me to point out that sometimes when the engine is hot after stopping [say buying petrol] it can be a pain to start it again, she says if you let it cool down a little it starts easily again? apparently this isn't all the time but she felt she should mention it.

Well that's about all I can think of at the moment, please ask if you need any more info and the camper is in Chatham Kent.

satnattoforgelane002.jpg

satnattoforgelane001.jpg

satnattoforgelane003.jpg

satnattoforgelane004.jpg

satnattoforgelane005.jpg

satnattoforgelane006.jpg

satnattoforgelane007.jpg

satnattoforgelane008.jpg

satnattoforgelane009.jpg

satnattoforgelane010.jpg

satnattoforgelane011.jpg

satnattoforgelane012.jpg