• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007cc engine - Good to go £2,600 *SOLD*

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire3500

Reaction score
Because of this:

944 by iancleary, on Flickr

I'm having to have a rethink of what goes where... and as a consequence I'm going to keep the 1776cc engine from my Beetle and sell the 2007cc that was going to go into it.

B68515CE-F52E-4FAA-961B-C1CE786278AC-2855-000001774F2AE8D4.jpg

That's from when I got the engine. I've carefully removed the carbs, tinwear etc and given it all a thorough degrease as it was very dirty. While doing this I noticed that the pushrod tubes were leaking and so I've replaced with Jaycee ones (£85)

So it's now sitting on the engine stand with the carbs and tinwear off, waiting for me to fit it into my Beetle... which now looks unlikely.

2007cc by iancleary, on Flickr

The engine is a 2007cc stroker and comes with the following:

Weber 44 IDF with CB air filters
CB linkage
Bugpack breather kit
External oil cooler and scoop for air collection (to fit under a bus)
Jaycee pushrod tubes
Scat rocker covers
Bolt-up rocker shafts
Tinware
Electronic ignition with MSD 6AL and MSD coil
Scat alloy pulley
CB oil-pump and external filter
CB Deep sump
J tubes and collector
Alternator conversion with fancy-pants alloy top pulley cover thing (see pic - OEM pulley is behind the cover)
Turbo Thomas SS muffler

So why spend £5k+ on a similar motor? This one is yours to go for £2,600.

I'm in North Lincolnshire, reach me at [email protected] or on +44 (0) 7429 298975. First cash to my hand / bank account takes it, no dibs and all that malarkey...

Thanks for looking :)

Latest posts