3 point seat belt in a westy on the cupboard side?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber cool

Reaction score
I remember Graham L had a post re the 3 point belt on the cupboard side a while back, however has anyone a good solution or idea for this. Not too happy about using a only a lapbelt. It's my next project problem to solve, just short of ideas/inspiration at the moment

I guess its some sort of bracket in the cupboard off the original mount then also mounted to the floor? Also not too impressed with 3 pointer on the other side being too low on the shoulder,

I need to ponder and think a little......

i have my 3 point harnesses bolted in via
original anchor on left
original anchor on right
and a bolt properly mounted behind the panel behind the seat

would take a pic for you but van is getting lowered at mates place 30miles away

Andy

The problem with the seatbelt being too low is a well known one, Brians bus that attended our tech day had the seatbelt risers fitted to it that I've only ever seen once before, I think they were an aftermarket/factory accessory that lifted the belt mounting up by about 6 inches which makes it more comfortable, I'll drop Brian a line to see if he can send through a picture of the plate, its a triangular shape and is either bolted/welded to where the original mount is.

With regards to the other side you've seen my post and without cutting up the westy wardrobe its quite hard to do, again I would think if you had a triangular plate made with a base plate that could either either be bolted or welded to the floor over the engine with some bracing on the other side then that would work. You could always move the bottom mount thats currently on the wheel arch to be more inboard to take the other end of the inertia reel belt, hope that makes sense (I know what I mean!!)

Found this picture of the raised mount
IMG_0203.jpg

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=558&p=130701&hilit=seatbelts#p130701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roofless.... pm him and get a look at his solution really like this in a microbus very well done and thought out..... it may steer you in the right area to what your after....

the centre 3 point inertia is roof mounted it may be possible to manipulate it out of the way for when the RnR is down

Latest posts