3 Zone Speaker SwitchingArrangement??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g16stu

Reaction score
I currently have the stereo set up with two speakers in the kick panels wired to the front speaker out on the head unit and the rear speaker output wired to a pair of external waterproof speakers mounted on the step

739007.jpg

so when driving along i can set the balance on the head unit to the front speakers only, and when camping and the boy is sleeping in the front hammock at night i can set the output to the rear speakers and play music outside only, with a bluetooth reciever in the head unit to control it from up to 20m away it works well.

now id like to add a pair of rear speakers in the head banger cupboard so he can hear music in the back while driving too, but i thought it would also be cool if i could control these speakers individually also, so for example when hes sleeping in the hammock at the front and were in the bed in the back we can play music through those speaker only and not wake him or the people outside.
my problem is i cant thing of a way to control these speakers in a nice way, other than to ad a DPDT switch and use the same output as im using for the outdoor speakers.
so my question is does anyone know how to do this or where i can find out how to do it, or can anyone comment on the three otions shown below?
in summary i need three (possibly four) sound options
1- inside front and rear
2- inside rear only
3- outside only
4- possibly all three zones on?

1004212.jpg

hope someone can help

Stu

Maplins or Richer sounds used to do a switching box that would fit the bill. I've got one kicking around somewhere. It lets you do the following:

Option 1 - speakers A
Option 2 - speakers B
Option 3 - speakers A + B (halved output)

All done with one switch

Latest posts