• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68-70 Drum brake drop spindles £350 all October 2010

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TransporterHaus

Reaction score
68-70 Drum brake drop spindles

New from Transporterhaus 3.5" reverse balljoint drop spindles.

Supplied with 4 modified trailing arms and 4 modified ball joints.

Spindles are modified to allow fitting of the ball joint from the under side thus lowering your suspension.

Not welded. No increase in track. Will run with 14" rims.

Ball joints and trailing arms are modified to "lock" the ball joint into the arm.

Introductory price
£400 exchange for your trailing arms and spindles.
£500 outright.

71-72 and 73 on spindles coming very soon.

dsc01746.jpg

dsc01747.jpg

dsc01748.jpg

dsc01749.jpg

you wanna buy all my spindles ?...have known this man for some time and knew about this development. I can vouch for the quality of the manufacture and will definately have a set of these for my own bus...well done al ;)

scott wilson said:
you wanna buy all my spindles ?...

haha in the process of removing the ball joints from 80 trailing arms :cry: . I'm sick of the sight of bloody spindles.

We have been working on these for ages and finally are happy with the ball joints and the machining work on the spindles. Disc ones will be ready first week of jan.

Will the current ones you are doing take either the CSP or Futbus disc brake kit?

Graham L said:
Will the current ones you are doing take either the CSP or Futbus disc brake kit?

Anything that will fit on a stock setup will work with these. So the answer to your question is yes, CSP or futbus discs will fit on fine.

Looking forward to my set arriving. What's everyones plans? I had hoped to put them in a narrowed beam with adjusters, but I read somewhere there may be a geometry issue if standard wheels are used. Has anyone else heard this? (Update.. turns out it was just a reference to difficulty in all adjustable lowered suspension setups when getting to the adjusters to raise the height back up if needed, so not specifically at these dropped spindles at all. Sorry for any confusion, my mistake.)

bottom rung said:
Looking forward to my set arriving. What's everyones plans? I had hoped to put them in a narrowed beam with adjusters, but I read somewhere there may be a geometry issue if standard wheels are used. Has anyone else heard this?

nope not heard that? can't see why other than the 'altering geometry' due to the process of lowering BUT not additional problems if you get me?

I suppose some wheels might foul - if they were really deep, can't stock or nearly stock size doing that.......

I'd go 2" unless you're after muchos tuckage - thats what I've done and it looks like Tim's old speedmaster bus - tucked but not 'where's the wheels' + it means the beam will still be comfy as 4" narrow can be harsh...of course all imho!

happy new year

mine are awesome and in the process of being installed - the delay is because the spindles were so shiny - I had to rub down and paint my backing plates!

one Q Alex

what to you suggest [or do ] with the brake hose bracket - spindle end.

pics soon..........

mine came through the post the other week and after my bus went through an MOT today i managed to fit one side. very pleased with them and not to difficult to fit :D

Before

DSC00008.jpg

After

Photo020-1.jpg

Latest posts