• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68 Bay Stuff in Reading - rear suspension, beam, brakes etc

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seablue67

Reaction score
Early Bay stuff, from a scrapped 68

Also some beetle and split bus stuff below

Bay

68 bay rear IRS arms £50
P1070486.jpg

68 bay steering idler arm RHD, £FREE

Beetle

Split window bug rear window section, outer skin only (I needed the inner skin), small section of one window surround removed (RHS I think), to the gutter either side and has the grill complete, about 5” up the roof from the windows £150
P1070498.jpg

P1070497.jpg

P1070496.jpg

Stock 1600 crank, needs a regrind, unknown history £FREE

Double IRS spring plates and end caps black powder coated £30

Urethane doughnuts for the above, used for short time, outer ones £5
P1070469.jpg

Early Ghia torsion bar end caps, large doughnut type £20
P1070474.jpg

P1070473.jpg

Beetle blade bumper brackets, front and rear, gen and repro, the one with the towing eye is genuine and in vgc £30 the set
P1070466.jpg

Blade bumper spacers (between bracket/iron and the bumper, genuine full set £20
P1070451.jpg

Blade bumper over-riders, pair, one may be gen, slight dings and scratched, will polish out I think £10
P1070467.jpg

Pair Early/Split bug grooved window winder handles, pitted, £20
P1070453.jpg

Bug Gear box cradle, stock, £FREE

Urethane bushes for an HD anti-roll bar to fit a ling and link pin bug front beam £5

Type 2 gearbox 091 output flanges. To upgrade a bug IRS gearbox when using the rancho super-splines £30
P1070499.jpg

Modified stock IRS driveshafts, the shoulder on one end of each has been taken back to allow the fitting of T2 CV joints with circlips on one end, will fit the above flanges £30
P1070479.jpg

P1070478.jpg

Disc Brake Pads NOS, single pin type, p/n 111 698 151 A £15
P1060143.jpg

P1060142.jpg

Yes they are indeed
They are out for the scrap man (me when I have time to weigh them in)
Please come and take them away!
You can also have a rummage around amongst the other stuff as well.

Hi,

Will the spindles be re-usable after a bit of TLC? If so, when could I collect them?

Simon.

Yes very useable, no visible problems with them at all. One I've taken teh drum off one to have a look, drum looks very good.
You can collect one evening this week if you want. I'm away this weekend, back sunday evening.

Rich

Hello Rich

Can you PM me you address and contact details - I can make it tonight or tomorrow.

Regards, Simon.

all the bay stuff is free, the front drums and spindles have gone and the 68 a-arms are still £40

You too, hope you find a use for them, thanks for the donation to the split too.
Rich

Hi my mate said he'll take the exhaust and tailpipes please also the salt and pepper panels (depending on how much they are) as we cant see a price if its all still available? Can pick them up this weekend?

Cheers

Yes that's fine
Exhaust if free (or a donation to our resto;-)
Probably best to come and have a look at the s n p panels as I have quite few now.
PM me to arrange time and contacts
Rich

Nah sorry chap
Try hoverjohn on VZi, we broke the 68 together, he may have them
Rich

Latest posts