68 Deluxe updated with new pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68only

Reaction score
This is how it looked when I got it...
CIMG0871.jpg

68f1.jpg

68r1.jpg

68i1.jpg

68only - that is a sweet looking bus - nice one 8) :D

What mechanical things need doing then :?:

Bear in mind the guy I bought it from said he ran a garage and it had been gone through mechanically, the following needs doing:

Track rods bent, so loads of Toe out - undriveable
Front brakes sound like metal on metal
Indicators don't work
Wipers operate slowly - suspect seized spindles
Engine leaks a fair amount of oil - probably crank seal
Fuel filter full of crap - tank needs to come out
Carb needs a rebuild or jets clearing probably due to crap in fuel system
has a beetle exhaust with taper tips (not strictly urgent but looks and sounds terrible)

So a bit of a list. At least it's pretty much rust free :D
Problem is I have 3 cars to MOT and sell asap, 3 customer suspension jobs lined up and only 24 hours in a day.

Doesn't sound to bad :wink:

Sounds like you have plenty on then eh :!:

Good luck and keep us updated then :D

Lovley looking bus mate, well worth the wait :D

Track rods bent, so loads of Toe out - undriveable
Mine were bent as well, also had forklift marks on the chassis where it had been lifted on to the boat from the front of the bus. Aparently this is common practice. Maybe yours has been lifted the same way.

I have a complete early front brake setup for sale if you want a quick fix on the brakes.

another deluxe hits uk shores, good work :D

fork lift marks?! :shock:

Thanks for the replies. Was supposed to be slammed by now :roll: but time and funds (for the wheels) are not on my side at the moment. Now if I could just get everything else MOT'd and sold... :lol:

I do seriously love this bus though. I keep getting ribbed because I always end up selling everything, but this is a keeper. I noticed some traces of old logos on the rear quarter panels which say
L&J Jones
Jamestown and a phone number. I know the supplying dealer was in Sonora, CA which is the next town from Jamestown, but can't seem to pull anything up on the company.

Quality bus son well worth the wait ,i now how you feel tho . been waiting about eight months for my Panel Van :shock: not lon now though i hope 8) 8)

Very nice bus, typical Cali import, rust free but shed loads of mechanicals needed to get it to MOT standard.
I'm guessing there will be electrical work too.

Marcus

Mark, the 68 deluxe looks like it was worth the wait. Soon to be slammed and Narrowed? it would be rude not too! got the MOT Thanks

Jim..

Look forwards to some updates. I love White vans

Here's how it looks now. 2" Narrowed link pin beam with drop spindles, 2 spline drop at the rear and Chrome JGE raders with 175/55/15 and 185/60/15 tyres. I have reluctantly put it up for sale, as I could do with investing in the business a bit more :(
384958.jpg

384956.jpg

384954.jpg

384951.jpg

384955.jpg

Latest posts