68 panel project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finaly found some time to get back on here with some pics. so it turns out I have killed my engine :cry: :oops: and so i was not able to get it the 4 miles down the road to brighton breeze thi year which sucked big hairy balls. but on the bright side I now have all winter to strip out the engine and save up for a big bore replacement and iv already started

SDC12899.jpg

SDC12903.jpg

I have also now fitted stone guards for the head lights which was a real pig to fit, and finaly found a compleat set of heater leavers as well and are now fitted and today picked up a lucas spot light in good working order for £3 :D

I cant work out how to delete my duplicate posts can an admin do it for me?

heres a pic of me guards

SDC12905.jpg

How can I tell if my engine is twin port? Also I think I have a dog house style fan housing, how can I tell if I hav the correct fan for that housing? Cheers

Your engine is a twin port.

If you look at the manifold for the carbs. Each carb manifold has 2 holes/ports to each cylinder head. A single port would only have one.

thanks for clealing that up for me uber cool

got bored over the weekend and ended up buying bamboo shelves and started wirering up my split charge relay and amp
SDC12937.jpg

so its been awhile since i updated this but then I havent really done much visable work to the bus of late, Im currently awaiting my new engine from Laurie Pettit, which is holding me up, he says I should have it within the first week of april. while ive been waiting fo that though I have done quite afew minor improvments to the bus. Iv fitted new sound deadening to the engine bay, under the rnr bed and under the cab mat, run aload of cables through the bus for numerous things. got a new stock steering wheel to replace the crap beetle wheel i had. fitted a cigeret lighter in the dash so i can now keep my tomtom running for longer useful seeing as im planning on goin to spa this year.

here is a pic of the cab when i bought it
OlBlew11.jpg

part way through
SDC10880.jpg

and the cab now
SDC13941.jpg

I finaly got my new engine to day and spent the day rebuilding it. should have it back in by sunday afternoon

SDC14024.jpg

SDC14026.jpg

SDC14037.jpg

Nice to see progress Greg I gotta rebuild my engine soon , :roll:

I think i may have to buy you some new rear lenses for the van dude :oops: :shadey:

cheers chaps, the rear lenses will be stripped off once iv got some stock ones. got the engine in the van, fuel lines in, accelorator connected, all wired up, all tin wear in, rear valance and bumper back on today. got it fired up if only breifly before the battery had the last of its juice sucked out it and the sun went down, just needs timeing up tomorrow eve once the battery is recharged and i should be back on the road. :D a big thanks to egotrippin who came round hand gave me a hand getting it back in and fitted up.

SDC14044.jpg

SDC14046.jpg

Not a pic up date but I thought I'd post the fact that I have got it running again all timed up and took it for a quick spin, runs sweet too, well once iv sorted out the seriously sticky accelorator pedal and very spongy breaks. It's got some more grunt too realy notice the difference to my old engine.

MOT time this friday hopeing it passes so i can go up to Stanford Hall sunday for my first show of the year. did afew things the weekend just gone, fitted a fog lamp i picked up for 3quid at a bootfair, fixed a problem i had with the side light fuse blowing, had front and rear bumpers of to ankor wax around the base where you cant usualy get to and got the leisure battery wired up and running the speakers. heres some pics off a camera phone
IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

been awhile since i last posted on this thread.

the van passed the MOT just needing a new drag arm which I was well happy about and have been enjoying having it back on the road ever since.

took the van all the way down to newquay for the week, drove all the way there and back with out a hitch very impressed with the new engine, it didnt even flitch at the steep hills while fully loaded :D

stayed at holywell bay on the out skirts of newquay
Photo90.jpg

Photo50.jpg

Photo36.jpg

Photo175.jpg

SDC14691.jpg

went surfing at fistral beach
Photo140.jpg

Photo130.jpg

mevagissey harbour
SDC14673.jpg

on the way home
SDC14700.jpg

weather was amazing all week had a great time. next stop for the bus is spa belgium cant wait.

Latest posts