68 wing mirror glass

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skidsurf

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy just the mirror glass for a 68 wing mirror?
Slammed the door and it fell out and shattered! :evil:
Cheers
Mike

68 door mirrors dont have the grey bead ;)

dont have grey bead?....

what a tease you are. what should it be then? and for another 5 points can you tell me where i can get it? no funnies about left or right handed bead please ....

I know you're on about bead, but as for the mirror glass - available at your local glass supplier, just take the old one in as a template. Couple of quid normally...

Bluesnailman said:
dont have grey bead?....

what a tease you are. what should it be then? and for another 5 points can you tell me where i can get it? no funnies about left or right handed bead please ....

No bead, just the glass set into the frame. Where to get one? Blimey, just trawl the usual sites I guess. I had no idea about them, a german guy told me about them at EBI one year. And then I noticed he was right!

I never knew they were one year only items. I took mine off to replace as they were cracked. I'm hoping they are around in my garage still somewhere! :shock:

Anyone got a picture of the 68's please? :D

Mirror arrived yesterday, just the job!
Cheers Monkiboy your diamond! :D
Its the best thing you can get from a forum, people just doing each other favours and not looking to profit.

On the bead debate I reckon there should be a bead, as there is definitely a small gap around the edge of the glass. Mine is missing but the glass on wing mirrors must have been smashed and replaced plenty of times over 45 years!

Latest posts