69 California Westy.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont think overriders will fit mate with that exhaust. Never really gave it any thought because the intention was always to drop the over riders after the resto anyway.
Only complaint ive got with the exhaust is its making a right mess of the bumper with a nice smoke mark.

P1060976.jpg

P1060975.jpg

P1060974.jpg

P1060839.jpg

Best in class "T2 Bay Camper" Vanfesr 2011...............shocked again.
P1060978.jpg

Begining to wish id made the effort at VW Action now.

It's all in the detail. My bus will always be looking up to yours as it's cleaner smarter twin. :mrgreen:

The time and effort was worth it. Nice on Jon

Cheers mate, your bus is well cool and shouldnt look up at any other bus. Everyone dose it with a different twist on the same theme.
It was another show where i was badgered into the show and shine (got some very cool comments on the bus, and two guys from Belgium really swung it in the end) I couldnt really be bothered at VW Action as its along way home and i was with the wife and daughter.
Didnt get drunk on Saturday night so thought id give a go and again was very humbled by the fact the win was voted for by my peers in the show and shine.
Wish the presentation mentioned which vans as well as which owners because i was approached by someone asking which van was mine (must have been expecting a win as he seemed abit miffed) and the guy who was runner up vote in the splitty class (red 21 window) seemed a little agrieved and wanted to know which bus was the winner (54 BD samba which also won best in show)

Thanks again guys.

Cheers mate, getting rid of the rust trap reflectors and the un used electrical point helps keep it looking smooov.
Still got loads to do but isnt that the case with everything.

clyde said:
P1060839.jpg

Best in class "T2 Bay Camper" Vanfesr 2011...............shocked again.
P1060978.jpg

Begining to wish id made the effort at VW Action now.

You know it was the cooler who tip the balance your way right ;)
Congratulations , very nice looking bus.

Finally got around to fitting the rubber trim around the hole in the roof. Photos tomorrow if it hasnt fell down over night.
Also fitted my nice rubber bungs in the two holes either side of the engine lid. Never thought something so small would make such a differance. Cheers Ron ;)

If you went down to the woods today.........

P1070507.jpg

Family day out in the vans, kids happy then food and wine/beer and feet up. Cant get any better.

Looking at the thread about Midland Paint Works repainting that green split that was featured in Camper and Bus reminded me about something found during my resto.
My Van was in Camper and Bus a few years back and looked really nice i thought, but during the resto i found this

25-1.jpg

How deep was that filler.

34.jpg

This was why a NOS panel had to be found, as no way was that being bodged up.

Seems along time ago it was like this but only about 6 months really.

Nice bus!

I was looking at exhaust from Vintage Speed when I wisited Wolksworld show last year. They all looks really god. I have been watching the dyno videos posted, and as far as I can hear from the video's the sound is not bad at all, but the performance is increased.
It is also nice to se it clears the tow bar

Are you still happy with both the wuality and the sond of the exhaust?

My engine is a 2 litre based on a WBX (oxy boxer), and I think the sport version (below 124 hp) is the one I will go for.
It is a bit wider than the 1600, but when I talked to them on Wolksworld I cold order a custom one :D

Yes very happy with the exhaust, and have recommended them to a few friends (2 i know have bought them)
If not running a towbar the center exit pipe also looks good. My mates fitted one to his split and its hardly visable so good for very low vans.

:shock:

You must sleep a lot better at night now!

Mines got some us repair work! :?

Well the Van is back out to be used in anger again after a winter rest. I put it into storage in November and 4 months later it started on the button. Well Happy.
Fitted some new seats ive had covered and a few other little bits ive collected over the winter. More photos to come..............
Off to Cornwall at the end of the week for some family camping and will be popping into the CVWOC Swap Meet on sunday and then VWASW the weekend after so come and say hello.

Latest posts