• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Deluxe Microbus 8 seater 6 rib box & 2110cc motor 11k ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisco69

Reaction score
1969 8 Seater Deluxe Microbus

LHD California Import

MOT until November Taxed until end of October

Lots of Mechanical upgrades:
2110cc engine with CB Performance Heads
Twin weber 44idf carbs
MSD Ignition control unit
MSD Distributor
Full Flow Oil system with oil cooler
High Flow oil pump
Phat Boy stainless steel exhaust

6 rib 2 Litre Gearbox fitted for better motorway cruising. Very hard to find these boxes now days.

All these parts cost well over 5k.

TransporterHause Dropped spindles
Coil over shocks (Harsh ride)
Spare Spax adjustable shocks included. (These give a much nicer ride but tyres will scuff at times when carrying passengers).

This is a fast van that will easily keep up with modern traffic and overtake a lot of it yet is still very driveable when just out for a Sunday drive.

Interior:
Westy overhead locker fitted: a bit tatty.
Rear bench seat needs recovering
Middle row seat in good condition but slightly different colour
Front seats are very nice Recaros with TV screens (not wired in yet)
I have the original front seats if the new owner wants these instead but they do need recovering.

Mostly original paint externally except for front panel. I replaced the windscreen channel and lower valance 2yrs ago. All fully welded and ground flush so done properly.
Battery tray replaced about 5yrs ago. A couple of small holes here on the corner panel but easy to sort out. The panel does not need replacing. No time to fix myself unfortunately.
Had a dent on drivers rear corner. Straightened out and polished up.
Scratch on passenger side rear panel. Again just protected with polish.
I prefer to keep the bodywork as original as possible rather than paint it.
Needs a few clips for Deluxe trim. I have all the trim to go with it.

I think it's well worth the asking price with all the expensive parts fitted but it does need some window seals replacing so willing to haggle a little bit as the van is just sitting there on my when it should be used.

Will let the photos do the rest of the talking.
PM me any questions and I'll get back to you.

Selling as it gets very little use as working long hours.

Located near Southampton

£11000 ono

photo-1.jpg

photo-10.jpg

photo-11.jpg

[IMG/i173.photobucket.com/albums/w68/MattJ0101/photo-9.jpg[/IMG]

photo-14.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-26.jpg

photo-19.jpg

Now on eBay! Item number 130714788458

Will also consider sensible offers via earlybay bearing in mind that I have invested over 7k in the engine ancillarys, suspension etc so you'll be getting a lot of van for the money.

Also this engine is better on fuel than my old 1600 motor. Not sure if that's because it produces so much low down torque or if it's because of the MSD ignition. Probably a combination of the two. The 091 gearbox helps a lot too with the lower rpms on the motorway etc. That also means less wear on the engine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts