• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Deluxe microbus US import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetboy

Reaction score
Well I'm going to test the water here and see what reaction I get. Other projects looming and it may be time to part with my old girl. We are heading for France on Thursday and return next Tuesday, so I won't be about to answer any questions.

1969 Deluxe 7 seater microbus I imported from Oregan 2 years ago. ( 'Oldblue' thread in the gallery) She is super solid and I heavily waxed in all internal cavities and chassis etc. Also re stonegaurded underneath and wax misted. Never had any welding and is very straight bodily especially the nose and rear corners, the primer was where the American owner had flatted the paint back along the belt line and odd bit here and there. The only visual sign is surface rust under the front screen, this was removed to reveal no issues and a new seal fitted. So sound.
Interior passenger and middle seats pretty good as are the panels etc. The rear seat base has a tear but I've seen a lot worse. Middle seat fitted with hard to find kick panel. Also has correct clock and worked perfectly till 3 days ago, needs removing and cleaning. Notek spots with original Hella accsessory switch (nice touch) Ambulance fans in full working 2 speed order, great in very hot conditons and also demisting in winter. Will come with period roof rack and ladder.

1600TP freshened engine, new heads, B&P's etc with twin solex carbs, fuel reg and facet pump. Electronic ignition and she runs very well. Drops no oil and uses next to nothing over a long period of time.

Probably loads I've forgotten about but please do ask qestions.

This really would be a wrench as it would be hard to find another bus as clean, reliable and solid with the extras, but we shall see ;) Like I said I'm toying with selling and won't budge much from the price £9,750 ono

earlybaysale003.jpg

earlybaysale001.jpg

earlybaysale002.jpg

earlybaysale005.jpg

vwbusinsurance004.jpg

earlybaysale004.jpg

earlybaysale008.jpg

Blimey, im shocked :shock:
You sold on one sweet bus ( :mrgreen: ) you sure you want to do it again?

Rich

P.S To all those interested this Van is VERY tidy and well worth a look if your in the market.

Good luck 8)

Blimey, im shocked

Don't worry Rich, a faultless near 700 mile tour has brought me to my senses :lol: and I was well pleased with the fuel return on the twin carbs :D Just as well with the price of fuel out in France now, the euro has done excursions there no good at all. :(

And as for the roads out there, perhaps our navvies could learn a thing or two about putting down a smooth surface :roll:

Where did ya get that rear ladder if ya don't mind me askin ?
Do ya run with it on permanently n how is it fixed on.
Nice bus by the way 8)
Cheers

Where did ya get that rear ladder if ya don't mind me askin ?
Do ya run with it on permanently n how is it fixed on.
Nice bus by the way
Cheers

From a guy on ebay, £60 if memory serves me right. I'm sure there was something regards the fella making them in either 'old blue 69' thread in the gallery, or some place else :?
Try the search ;)

And yes I run with it all the time, it comes with a special bungee which wraps around the rear bumper, the top just hooks into the gutter. Never had a problem with it. :D

Right, other projects mean she has to go now. I guess the original price was a bit too high so now offered at £8000 dead no offers.
It would be a great buy for someone, and a fantastic solid base for a camper conversion etc.

Call Mark 07982 237196

Latest posts