'69 Early Bay Cali import refit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty18

Reaction score
Hey guys. Had our first campervan for a few months now, and work finally started on it a few weeks back. She's a California import, with a 2L twin carb Engine. She was purchased from Clifton Campers just outside of Bristol who had her imported. They were brilliant and a pleasure to do business with. All restoration work has been carried out with VW Dubs and Bugs - Newport. They've been fantastic throughout the whole process.

The van still isn't quite finished.. but are they ever?!
Anyway, thought I'd share some photos with you guys..

Hey guys. Had our first campervan for a few months now, and work finally started on it a few weeks back. She's a California import, with a 2L twin carb Engine. She was purchased from Clifton Campers just outside of Bristol who had her imported. They were brilliant and a pleasure to do business with. All restoration work has been carried out with VW Dubs and Bugs - Newport. They've been fantastic throughout the whole process.

The van still isn't quite finished.. but are they ever?!
Anyway, thought I'd share some photos with you guys..

Love the bus - super straight and clean

Awesome interior - do you have any more plans for it?

StuF said:
Love the bus - super straight and clean

Awesome interior - do you have any more plans for it?

The interior still isn't finished, buddy seat, kick boards to put in the front, new dash, new accessories (knobs, window winders, etc), front mats and tail gate door card.
next on the agenda (after the above is finished) will be to fit disk breaks I think.

Matt_B said:
Do you know the spec of engine? Very similar looking to mine with the dcnf carbs and berg linkage!

Unsure on full engine spec, it's relatively new engine though, 6k on the clock.
The previous owner in cali had re-done the van as a dragster apparently.

Latest posts