• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 tintop westy for sale.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marriedblonde

Reaction score
I've decided that enough is enough and it is time to sell my 69 westy. I have ploughed so much money into her and not had the enjoyment back so it is time to let her go.

A few details. I imported it 4 years ago from the states. Since then it has undergone a full restoration by midland paintworks. Ask anyone that has seen poppy in the flesh, she is lovely.

2187cc engine - all brand new.

2187 cc
forged crank
mahle forged pistons
straight cut cam gears
h-beam con rods
forged rockers
full flow
Fully balanced
Big valve heads (42mm/38mm)
engle 120 cam
42mm J tubes and matched python exhaust by CSP

toughened clutch to suit

Running twin 40 webers with flowed inlets rejected to suit.

Entrnal oil cooler with fan, external oil filter (as you would expect)

CSP disk brakes
BUG TECH shifter

New interior, new cards all round. The westy interior was past its best so I bought complete new interior. Full width RnR bed, 2 buddy seats one with a toilet.

New seat belts front and rear.

Lowered approx 4" all round.

Lots of goodies from MJC - steering wheel, door handles, window winders, heater leavers (I am sure I have missed some)

freshly painted 356 rims with new hub caps.

To be fair I have spent a fortune in the last few years restoring this bus.

For the full resto look at my build thread.

The only thing left to complete is the headlining which I have a new one including new rods and ends. Just never got round to fitting it.

As for value, I am not sure what it is worth. I know how much I have put into her, in excess of £34K, literally no expense has been spared building her.

So I guess I am open to sensible offers.

The bus is located near southampton. Drop me a pm if you would like more details or to come and have a look at her.

What sort of money are we talking here ????? I have a brother in law looking for an Early at the moment. We`re supposed to have a price on here but you can P.M. me if you`d prefer.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Stunning bus, would also be interested to know a price with/without the interior, to see if it is in the budget my mate is looking at.

What colour is the bus?

Cheers

Can understand the price mate, the welding and respray but have been upwards of 8k, a lovely bus.... 8) I'll let my mate know but think this bus is too nice for him lol.

Latest posts