• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Westy Pop Top - £6995 Landed - NEW PICTURES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
As it says a very early 1969 Westy Pop Top, it was built on 19th July 1968 (I always thought the new model year build started on the first of August but clearly not) and is number 328 off the line for the 69 model year.
Has had a rather attractive 70's brown applied to the base of the vehicle some time ago which I actually quite like and its not hiding any nasties that we are aware of.

Heres the rundown on the bus from a well respected dealer in the US who sells on here as well

GOOD POINTS
-Originally Pearl White, Now Repainted Brown over White
-Newly Recovered Front Seats
-Nice Door Panels
-Solid Floors
-One Key Works All Doors
-Nice Westy Interior With Fold Down Bed, Closet, Rear Storage, Jump Seat, and Ice Box/Sink Unit, Folding Table
-Reupholstered Rear Bench/Bed and Jumpseat
-Great Condition Pop-Top with NEW Canvas
-Upper Child’s Cot
-Rear Mosquito Net
-Exterior City Power Connection
-Two Interior Outlets
-Custom Curtains
-Wired for Speakers in the Rear
-Good Front Mats and Rear Carpet
-Truck Mirrors
-Solid Undercarriage Including Jack Points, Rockers, Wheel Wells, Frame Rails, Battery Tray
-“AE” coded 1600 Dual Port Engine

Not so good points

-Some Cracks in Dash
-Dent in Rear DS Corner
-Scrape on DS Rear Quarter
-Dent on Nose
-Some Rust Under Windscreen

As you can see from the pics its had a complete interior upgrade and a new pop top canvas so just needs getting through an MOT and its ready to enjoy, stand out from the rest of the white westies out there!!

Landed with Duty & VAT paid - £6995
With MOT & Registered - £8895

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

More pictures available on request,

This is due into Felixstowe this week, viewings being booked in for next week onwards, drop me a PM or email if interested in having a look,

Now landed and available for viewings in Solihull from the 5th June onwards, up to date pictures available for interested buyers :mrgreen:

Bump for a nice early westy at a new price

Great set of buses Graham. Been thinking of swapping my panel for something a bit more family friendly a these really tempt me so if i can shift mine i,ll be in touch.

Hi, how much is registration if i do it myself ? Logbook and a trip to DVLA as £2000 seems a bit steep, but then it's not something i have done so could just be another stealth tax !

Can you post pics of the floor under the carpet and also in the foot wells under the mats ?

May thanks

Jon

Hi Jon

The registration itself only costs £55 and a set of plates is £35, so theres a £100 there. The rest is taken up with time to MOT the bus and any likely new parts,(brakes, steering & electrical mainly) we allow 40 hours to get a bus prepped for MOT taking into account its 40 years old and the US have no MOT as such, we are not trying to rip anyone off we are just being honest about how long it takes to do the job properly and often it can take longer than 40 hours but we don't charge any more.

Latest pictures are on our website, can't take pictures of the floor in the rear without removing the coolbox/sink unit.

If you are interested in having a look give me a call or drop me a pm,

BTTT

Ignore the paintwork this is a very solid bus :mrgreen:

BTTT, open to sensible offers as I have 3 more deluxes on the way from the USA :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

....and I'm heading out there in a weeks time so there may be more!!

Latest posts