70 deluxe, nz

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pando

Reaction score
just bought this van of a web site here in newzealand flying down to south island to pick it up needs a clutch cable and some rust repairs fingers crossed she is not to bad .
deluxe.jpg

Nice bus. :D
I hear 'they' can be pretty strict on rust in New Zealand, is this true?

they can be it is bit like england got find the right place to get your mot along as you dont have to get it re certified been told the can be a nightmare
deluxe1.jpg

deluxe2.jpg

deluxe3.jpg

deluxe4.jpg

think i might paint the tin ware back to black

this van was on trade me but the guy had it listed under volkswagen microbus in the parts section .trade me is the biggest site over here most vans are sold on it .i will keep a look out for a van for you.i will let you know if one comes up

the van turned ouy to be pretty good few bits of welding and he will be ok
wednesday 21 may the story of the trip back quantas canceled my flight about one and half hours before i flew so my 3 oclock arrival time was out the window they flew me to aukland from my local airport then on to christchurch geting about four. old owners picked me up from the airport and took me to me new van .i had every thing you need to replace the clutch cable thought i was very clever till i got underneath the front to start fixing it and found the hole the cable was ment to go into had worn away.very happy to get the van so decided to drive with no clutch .3 hours later driving with no clutch was doing my head in big time decided to stop for a cuppa and have a go at fixing it
Picture004.jpg

came up with this idea best 10 dollers i ever spent

back on the road again started to get cold the headlining on the sunroof was out of its runner so that was leting in loads of cold air

thursday 22 may 1am
arrived picton hoping to get on the ferry about 10 am. managed to find a hotel with a late night bell got my head down for about six hours.got up to find i had a flat tyre got the spare out from under the seat start trying to crack the wheel nuts wheel brace was useless .oh sh-t
man from hotel had a braker bar and even cracked the nuts go the kiwis.
managed to get on the midday ferry had a few hours to kill got puncture fixed and managed to get sunroof headling back into place and found the front fresh air flap was disconnected and jamed open no wonder it was so cold.
on the way to the north island
Picture002.jpg

friday 23 may
managed to get as far as town called turangi last night stayed in a backpakers there.only another 3 hours drive and i will be home
Picture003.jpg

Picture024.jpg

3 days about 900km 2 flights 1 ferry crossing and 1 tired driver
Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

just been looking at m codes export destination new zealand paint code brilliant blue and cloud white.fixed clutch properly today,picked up some bumper irons with splash guards for $50 sweet as.

been told the clutch cable pic was not very clear.so here is another one just in case this happens to help someone else it will get you home
Picture005.jpg

managed to get the clock ticking today after removing the three nuts holding the back cover on one of which was cunningly hidden under a round cover thing then wrapping some wire round a broken connection on the magnet then wiggled some cogs.bit of a clean and squirt of grease and it goes
Picture035-1.jpg

quick up date got the van through his mot/wof .failed on a small bit of welding, lights to dim uncertified rear seat ,brakelight,leak on master cylinder,took the front lights of some one had sprayed the inside with a very non reflective silver spray paint some paint striper and some autosolve and abut two hours later all fixed.took the rear seat out that was a easy fix.brake light cleaned contacts on the bulb.master cylinder tightened the clip on the pipe all good :D

had to fix the drivers door lock geting in on the passenger side was becoming anoying.found the orginal plastic still on i thought this was prety amazing
26june08024.jpg

Latest posts