70 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faux said:
Nice one, there was no talk of some extra beef in the back at the weekend!!!!

Faux extra beef been sitting in the dressing room for a couple of months know, need to collect all parts before build up and then play with the heads to get some additional horses.

Daz starting to get your shiney bug, will need your" bum" cream soon to shine all the shiney bits

Airtime said:
Shifter looks cool! 8) Does it really make that much of a difference? Nice job so far. :D

Yep! :D no more smashing knuckles and very little missed gears, takes time to set in the right position (1hr max)

at last got the carbs fitted, the van responds really well (drla 40's). need to get to a rolling road at some point and get them set up correctly and sort out the cruise control (sticking peddle)

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Just waiting for the new exhaust know :D :D , so I can get rid of the empi tail pipe :roll:

Busy bank holiday?

Looking good Ian, just need a nice bit of gearing to get that top speed nice and easy.

I'm getting surf withdrawals.... come on guys! :lol:

Faux/D

Friday/sat is ok but going flat again Sunday, atleast it won't be raining.
Need to get under the van today and cut the bump stop arms off, but it's raining and really putting me off going out there :cry:

at last got the carbs fitted, the van responds really well (drla 40's). need to get to a rolling road at some point and get them set up correctly and sort out the cruise control (sticking peddle)

Nice Carbs :) I've got the same and they seem really smooth - I also had a sticking pedal and found it was a carb linkage that was sliding on the hex bar - the grub screw used to hold the arms in place wasn't locking one of them in - may be worth a look :wink:

Well things are moving on on the engine front, thanks to Dubberdaz he got a deal from Turbo Thomas on making a pair of exhausts :D :D
Fitted in less than two hours, nice and quiet to keep with the family van concept and fitted like a glove.
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Would reccommend TT if anyone is looking for a hand built exhaust.

picked up a fridge the other week, after just doing a temp fit I thought I'd fit it correctly today
Picture007.jpg

Engle 47 litre

Picture009.jpg

now you see it

Picture008.jpg

now you don't

Ta! to everyone for the tip about hiding it, fits ok, just need to pick up a westy sink/fridge unit to repiat the damage that has been previously done.

Also went over the in laws today and found this in the shed, my try and wire it up tomorrow.
Picture011.jpg

slammedresto said:
was it much work to make the fridge fit??

any pics of the install

fits straight in the only thing I had to do was fit a batten on the floor at the back to level up as it's got a surround which lifts the front by about half inch. The fridge is the same height as the old cool box but slightly narrower, I will today fit a batten up the sides just so it cannot move around and some sort of stop on the old westy cooler door.

I have also been told to drill a couple of holes on the ply panel at the back of the unit behind the seat just to allow for air flow.

I should also mention I'm not running the water tank either, never did though as the mrs did not like the idea of using something that was full of dead spiders :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts