'71 D-luxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbren

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the site, but been into bays a while. Just got my new bus - its an arizona import, '71 deluxe. Dry as, but a bit battered, perfect!

So here's a few pictures. I've got the bus in at autostyl having it the work done to put it on the road, and its going to be a bit of a rolling project thereafter.

It didn't come with an engine, but i've got my hands on a brand new VW motor which the guys are going to fit up for me. So the picture of wheels and tinware is all off being powdercoated at the minute.

The engine bay was hacked open from the top stateside at some point, like many are, but thats all sorted now.

I've also had the guys install their late bay upgrade kit so i can have all new brakes - my calpers were in bits, so its worked out really well as i wouldn't have got money for my cores, and i get an upgrade. Here's some pics the guys have taken of my bus so far.

047.jpg

049.jpg

077.jpg

101.jpg

083.jpg

104.jpg

034-1.jpg

I'm really enjoying looking through everone else's pictures, it really helps give me some ideas.... so far, i'm going to lower it all round, the new engine, and stock but mint wheels and grey hubcaps in a commercial sort of style.

atb Tim.

Latest posts