71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks bang on mate,rack looks great and they are real handy as you will find,im off campin in mine next week and without it the bus would be full o shite,loverly bus bud !!!! :D

Fab bus Stu, and I'm glad you've kept the stock interior. :D

I was up in Harwich a few weeks ago, and spotted an identical one to yours parked at the ferry terminal. Must have been a SA bus too, as it was RHD and the same colour. I had to double check it wasn't yours! :)

Danbury Doug said:
Fab bus Stu, and I'm glad you've kept the stock interior. :D

I was up in Harwich a few weeks ago, and spotted an identical one to yours parked at the ferry terminal. Must have been a SA bus too, as it was RHD and the same colour. I had to double check it wasn't yours! :)

Cheers mate, i've only seen a couple in the same colour before.

Moved the brake pipe brackets finally and replaced the pipe as it was just fouling the steering arm on full lock, next is a full service at my mates place - Kustom Dub Werks, then i'll crack on and notch the rear ;)

003-10.jpg

61 stu said:
Cheers fella, just hope people arent disappointed when they see it as the body work aint perfect. Seriously considering restoring the body and respraying it in a year or two when ive got a bit of space.

Hope the paint holds on I think its the same colour as mine and you don't see too many like them, but as you know there is no way of finding out exactly what the paint code was on a SA bus.

Always enjoy reading your thread and looking at the differences between your tin top and my camper westy

cotswoldiver said:
61 stu said:
Cheers fella, just hope people arent disappointed when they see it as the body work aint perfect. Seriously considering restoring the body and respraying it in a year or two when ive got a bit of space.

Hope the paint holds on I think its the same colour as mine and you don't see too many like them, but as you know there is no way of finding out exactly what the paint code was on a SA bus.

Always enjoy reading your thread and looking at the differences between your tin top and my camper westy

Cheers :)

Ive had paint matched by eye in the past by my local paint suppliers and its come out pretty much spot on to be honest, so fingers crossed i wont have too much trouble if i decide to respray :mrgreen:

bayview said:
Always love looking at your bus Stu. It's almost identical to my old bus apart from the extra ventilation up top http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6927. I always believed the colour was L563 Safari Beige - I've seen a few OZ buses with the same colour.

Cheers for the compliment but Beige? :shock:

No mate its L478 Beryl Green -
laq_21.gif

From here, very useful ;)
http://karmannghia.org/paint_chips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing much done to the old Bus other than driving it every where, cleaning it and visiting a couple of shows :)

Peppercorn, cracking weekend!

057.jpg

Volksfest, great day and cruise there.

028a.jpg

048a.jpg

Today, a day out with my boy.

054.jpg

060.jpg

063.jpg

067.jpg

074-2.jpg

:mrgreen:

dude, you got the rossi ice cream van 8)

i saw that on the 127 the other day, very cool :lol:

and great pics too, god i hate driving a bloody vectra all weekend :oops:

Sweet pictures dude 8)

Wish my kids were that small so that they would enjoy a day out with me ;)

I was sure there was a thread with heights of peoples Bays but im buggered if i can find it :roll:

Hows this sitting compared to other peoples?

Front:
027.jpg

Rear:
028-2.jpg

61 stu said:
I was sure there was a thread with heights of peoples Bays but im buggered if i can find it :roll:

Think I am having a nose bleed - that is so high :lol:

Kidding - looks to be fairly low from what I can remember of that thread ;)

gninnam said:
61 stu said:

Think I am having a nose bleed - that is so high :lol:

Kidding - looks to be fairly low from what I can remember of that thread ;)

:lol: Don't be saying that! I can't go any lower at the front and still use it as a daily on the roads round here, the back will be coming down a fraction though ;)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16466&p=193561&hilit=who's+got+the+lowest#p193561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;