71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good mate , Its weird , I really liked the Grey wheels , but now I really like this look too 8)

first proper outing for the Bus this year, up to Hunstanton with my boy etc, ground out once and just the faint whiff of rubber on roundabouts ;)
good times. 8)

Not updated in ages, too busy driving the wheels off it :D

VW Whitenoise with my boy....

A weekend at Gosfield Park....

Skegvegas.....

The Bus is getting used and abused as it should, an awesome summer 8)

Not posted for ages, so thought i'd do a catch up.

Time for a total revamp, old interior out as I need more room to accommodate Charlie who insists on growing at an alarming rate :D

Completely new tan interior

Pictures to come of the new engine :D

Stu dropped the bus off to me for some work and upgrades at the end of the summer after he had done the bits he could with his bad back :(

He’s had a 1776 in his garage for years and after much badgering I’ve convinced him to put it in his bus :mrgreen: So I gave the motor to my mate and engine genius Hector Howe who completely stripped it down and made it more bus friendly. It’s an older engine originally and we were lucky to find some old Skool goodies from past company’s like Dee engineering which was cool 8)

It’s now sporting a Engle w110 cam, 1.25 rockers, hectors special ported & flowed stock valve heads, 8.5:1 conpression, Weber 40 IDf’s, lightened flywheel, stage 1 clutch and an 1” 1/2 sidewinder exhaust. As well as being fully balanced and blue printed. So should see about 100hp and have plenty of usable torque. I’ve also given it a full inspection, service and fitted some gauges and a Hurst shifter.

Nice work.Still looking good, always liked this bus. Should go well too now !
Hope he sort his back out I feel his pain, I’m in the same boat

Latest posts