71 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krim

Reaction score
bought for about 6 1/2, spent another 7 so far, and we're nearly there....

Simon

That looks very sweet :mrgreen:
Love the green too 8)

Any more pics ?

Was looking very sorry for itself and tired when we bought her, the engine bay had be totally mullered to fit a Type 4 engine in, all back to stock now... Is a joy to drive, nice tight gearbox, brakes loverly, rebuilt carb gives a nice smooth pull-away. The previous 3 vans i've owned over the last 12 years have been lowered, and i have to say i am loving driving a stock height van, so much more comfortable, and an original height un-lowered van seems to be becoming rarity,, this one will definitely not be going any lower.

49vn.jpg

m6lu.jpg

v2uo.jpg

S.

gninnam said:
Love the green too 8)

Any more pics ?

Hey Gninnam - Just had a look at your van thread (very nice btw) would you recommend taking on the canopy replacement ourselves? and if so any advice? I've bought a red/white candytsripe one but have since heard horror stories and am now considering paying the small fortune to get someone else to fit it...

S

Krim said:
gninnam said:
Love the green too 8)

Any more pics ?

Hey Gninnam - Just had a look at your van thread (very nice btw) would you recommend taking on the canopy replacement ourselves? and if so any advice? I've bought a red/white candytsripe one but have since heard horror stories and am now considering paying the small fortune to get someone else to fit it...

S

Thanks for the pics.
Regards doing the canopy yourself, I would ;)
Do you have the instructions? If so then just follow them.
The main thing is not to do what I did and seal the canopy to the pop top as once attached you nedd to pull it from here to get a good and even tension. I have to do this yet but will be more difficult dueto me putting on sealant.....

Good luck with your choice :D

Very nice Dormy!

Is it Velvet Green?
My Dormy-Westy is also on stock height, unlike my previous vans... The ride is so much smoother!
I just have to invest in some Koni shocks to make the ride even better.

Great bus!

Aircooled greetz,

Humby 8)

Yes it is Velvet green, looks nicer than the green in the pics. Wanted to keep it as original as possible but with a few modern/comfort twists, fitted a nice smev cooker/sink (that i got from earlybay.com) for less than half price, 911 seats up front (early ones that don't have electrics/heating etc), had to source the wardrobe, table and buddy seat (which i need to get upholstered to match the rest of it, its a nice rangerover suede) It'll never be a show van, but its the nicest van i've ever owned (ninth). Had a Dormobile about 10 years ago and always knew i'd get another once i got the splitscreen bug out of my system (2 splits over the last 10years)

b0nt.jpg

6rvr.jpg

S.

Dont suppose you bought this off ebay for £7500 from a guy in Essex?

Shiny, shiny..!! 8)

Lovely van and agree with the stock height..!! :D

Krim said:
SiDev said:

Maybe,, why what do you know??

S.
Distinctive number plate. I spoke to the owner about it, told him i would call him the next day to arrange a viewing, when i did he had sold it the same day to another guy called Simon! If thats you, small world.

SiDev said:
Krim said:
SiDev said:

Maybe,, why what do you know??

S.
Distinctive number plate. I spoke to the owner about it, told him i would call him the next day to arrange a viewing, when i did he had sold it the same day to another guy called Simon! If thats you, small world.

Hi, yes it was indeed that van, didn't pay 7 1/2 for it though, looks a whole lot better now though...

S.

Latest posts