71 rear arches ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triothreetrio

Reaction score
Hi im after just one arch , how different is the dirty dirty late bay one, shcofields list a rear closing and front closing 71 only but not a complete arch any suggestion what to do its the right hand side if any has the perfect cut/clip thanks frazer

Frazer

Klassicfab do them but they are a nightmare to get hold of - took me 6 months of emailing Gerson (owner of KF) and eventually he agreed to send me a pair direct. They are not quite right at the rear where the flare comes back in - easily corrected though.

Autocraft have been saying they will be doing them for at least 4 years now but speaking to them at the last Vanfest (sorry Busfest) he says they're not far off with them now they have their new monster press.

Someone was selling an orange RHS cut on here last year - it originated from MCJ and was very straight and dry but a bit pricey if I remember - about £95 I think. I have a LHD cut but that ain't no good to you!

Some say the latest Klokkenshitten ones are slightly better than the old but don't need to tell you how crap they were before!

Another option could be use an Autocraft 68-71 arch and graft in a later arch lip - I was going this route until KF supplied me. I have an as new Autocraft right you could have for 45 notes if you decide to go that route (could get it to Dartford area as go there quite often with work)

HTH

Andy

Edit - having said all of that, there are 2 types of 71 rear arches - see radish's bus on here - he has the early style (Aug 70 to Jan / Feb 71) and the later type (Jan / Feb 71 on) are the same as late bays (as per my Apr 71)

I was about to ask a similar question as the rear of the rear arch is going on both sides, is it straight forward to change the rear arches for earlier ones or do you need to change the inner arch as well?

Padwah said:
I was about to ask a similar question as the rear of the rear arch is going on both sides, is it straight forward to change the rear arches for earlier ones or do you need to change the inner arch as well?
The early arch doesn't have a lip on the inner panel like the flared ones in fact the inner panel doesn't come down as far. You can fit the narrow lip arch but you have to cut and weld a little bit in the inner panel, not too much trauma tho

I have a later 71 with the latebay arches the early arches are flatter and also slightly different curve to the arch. A lot of modding to the tub to change then

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Latest posts